what to do

hi guys good site..im 25 and my hair has been falling out for a couple of years you can clearly see im gonna lose all the hair on the top of my head even more so if i us gel.i was just wondering can i transplant hairs beside the one a already have or do they have to fall out first i want to have a transplant asap so it doesnt stand out that much..i went to dhi an they recommended 400 grafts on the crown and 300 front left an right..but is this goin to make a difference when the rest of my hair falls out in 3 years tops..thaks for your help

hi guys good site..im 25 and my hair has been falling out for a couple of years you can clearly see im gonna lose all the hair on the top of my head even more so if i us gel.i was just wondering can i transplant hairs beside the one a already have or do they have to fall out first i want to have a transplant asap so it doesnt stand out that much..i went to dhi an they recommended 400 grafts on the crown and 300 front left an right..but is this goin to make a difference when the rest of my hair falls out in 3 years tops..thaks for your help

andy25irish, Your right, I wouldn't even get that little amount of grafts for an eyebrow repair. If you strategize and plan well with a top-notch surgeon you can almost certainly have a decent head of hair in the long run, but talk to the guys who have been in your same or similar situation here and you'll go- " whew, I'm glad I didn't blow my donor hair!" Put up some pictures first and you'll be glad. And yes if a doctor feels your going to lose a certain area of native hair anyway they'll transplant that area-- I've only read that and it makes sense. Good luck.

welcome andy,i think were going to need some more info and photos if you can.are you on meds to stabilise your hairloss ie fin,minox?if you are sure you are going to lose all your hair then 1000 is not gonna do it.try and get some pics up and more educated posters will put you in the picture im sure.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

Guest wanthairs

andy25irish....

Firstly tell DHI to F--Off...If you do what they tell you to, you'll probably end up looking like a freak 10 years from now. Get onto Finasteride(Propecia), 5% minoxidil and Nizoral shampoo for one year to try and at least stabilise your situation. You are very young.

Then try to have three online consults with three top surgeons in USA and Canada to get their opinions. I can think of Hasson and WONG in Canada and Dr. Alan Feller in NY or the guy I used Jeff Epstein of Miami.

It sounds like you are new to this so you have to be very careful. There are many other good docs other than the three I mentioned, but many HT Docs should be shot so watch out.

Andy,

Welcome to our community.

I do recommend doing some hefty research before considering surgery.

I see you are 25...that's pretty young.

Do you have any pictures of your hair loss condition you can share with us? Where are you on the Norwood scale in terms of your hair loss? Are you using finasteride and/or minoxodil to attempt to combat your hair loss?

A couple of facts you should be aware of...

The use of Gel does not cause hair loss...however, the use of gel or other products (mostly because it can clog the pores) can expedite hair loss for those who are predisposed to hair loss.

700 grafts is a very small number of grafts. If you are 25 and only just started losing your hair...it is NOT a good idea to get a transplant. Medication should be tried first.

Consider reading the following thread:

What should I consider when researching hair transplantation?

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=569...071019713#5071019713

I hope this helps,

Bill