Bad experience with DR S.Khan (San Diego)part 2

triggerhappy

Here's another few details I forgot to post... She made me pay 100 dollars to a lab in the same building for blood work the morning of the procedure. She told me it was required for the safety of all parties involved in the procedure. Well, she started the HT less than an hour after they took my blood. After the HT, I asked out of curiosity if I was healthy based on my blood work. She told me it takes a few days for the lab results! So, how does she know is safe to cut me up before the results?!?!DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE?!?! She made me believe it was absolutely necessary for blood work before the HT. BS!

Also, when I went back for the follow up, she went ahead and tried to schedule an appointment with a somebody to massage my head. I believe it was 120 dollars a session. At this time I no longer trusted her and declined. Dr Khan and friends are making money out of people in my situation

Heres what I posted yesterday on Khan:

I had a procedure done with Dr. Khan in San Diego. The scar in the back of my head was horrible. The scar was wide and almost ear to ear. She only did 1200 grafts! As far as the top of my head, I've have seen some growth after a year, but I didn't see any noticeable density. She advertises with a satisfaction guarantee, but when I went back to express my dissatisfaction...she offered to fix my scar and an additional 1000 grafts for a higher price than the original 1200. She claims that her sales rep gave me too low of a price for the original procedure. Insult to injury. I will post the pics so you all see the scar she left.

keep in mind I'm not new to HT. Dr. Khan was my 3rd HT doctor after 2 others. I had a bad gut feeling since the first consultation with her, but I went ahead anyways. BAD DECISION

I just did my 4th procedure last month with DR. Deyarman. the new scar looks good, but i'll have to wait for the transplanted hair to grow. After a I read some bad Dr Deyarman reviews here, Im worried about more wasted donor hair and money. To be honest...Im losing faith in HT

------------------------------

Im just your average teenager...just that I'm 31!

Here's another few details I forgot to post... She made me pay 100 dollars to a lab in the same building for blood work the morning of the procedure. She told me it was required for the safety of all parties involved in the procedure. Well, she started the HT less than an hour after they took my blood. After the HT, I asked out of curiosity if I was healthy based on my blood work. She told me it takes a few days for the lab results! So, how does she know is safe to cut me up before the results?!?!DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE?!?! She made me believe it was absolutely necessary for blood work before the HT. BS!

Also, when I went back for the follow up, she went ahead and tried to schedule an appointment with a somebody to massage my head. I believe it was 120 dollars a session. At this time I no longer trusted her and declined. Dr Khan and friends are making money out of people in my situation

Heres what I posted yesterday on Khan:

I had a procedure done with Dr. Khan in San Diego. The scar in the back of my head was horrible. The scar was wide and almost ear to ear. She only did 1200 grafts! As far as the top of my head, I've have seen some growth after a year, but I didn't see any noticeable density. She advertises with a satisfaction guarantee, but when I went back to express my dissatisfaction...she offered to fix my scar and an additional 1000 grafts for a higher price than the original 1200. She claims that her sales rep gave me too low of a price for the original procedure. Insult to injury. I will post the pics so you all see the scar she left.

keep in mind I'm not new to HT. Dr. Khan was my 3rd HT doctor after 2 others. I had a bad gut feeling since the first consultation with her, but I went ahead anyways. BAD DECISION

I just did my 4th procedure last month with DR. Deyarman. the new scar looks good, but i'll have to wait for the transplanted hair to grow. After a I read some bad Dr Deyarman reviews here, Im worried about more wasted donor hair and money. To be honest...Im losing faith in HT

triggerhappy...

It sounds like you're pretty furious about your experiences with Dr. Khan, but there is really not much you can do at this point. Most of the members that have done their homework, are not likely to end up in the chair of a doctor not on the coalition list. If you're trying to sway new members from ending up in your shoes, most of them usually don't know about this forum until it's too late, like your case. After your 2 previous bad HTs, and the bad feeling that you got while talking to the doctor in person and you still went ahead with it...

Look at it this way, now that you know about this forum, your repair work will be done by a top surgeon here?

scooping,

yeah...you're right..Im pissed off especially because Im a full time student and it's hard for me to save up the money for HT's. Plus it sucks to lose precious donor hair.

my previous doctors before Khan were not that bad. I moved to San Diego and I had to get a new Doc.

I just hope that other people learn from my experience.

Moral of the story...stay away from Khan!

triggerhappy,

I certainly understand your frustration. Many people have come and gone from this community who have been in your shoes. The best thing you can do at this point is move forward, learn from your (or their) mistake and choose a quality hair restoration physician that has a proven public track record of positive and consistent results.

I suggest researching any of the following doctors from our coalition.

In the meantime, I encourage you to continue to post your experiences, continue your involvement, and research our community.

See also www.hairtransplantnetwork.com, www.regrowhair.com, and www.hairlosslearningcenter.com

Best wishes,

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

Bill,

I actually have to contact Dr Khan and get the pics. I dont want any contact with the woman, but I'll email her office tomorrow

that really sucks you guys had such a bad exerience with Dr.Con. Maybe we should all chip in and hire somebody to hold one of those huge banners that says "SHAME ON DR.CON"; I ALWAYS see people doing this to businesses by me when their on strike. Surely shell go out of practice then. That really sucks. How the hell does she stay in business with so many unhappy patients? Hopefully you guys can go to a better doc and get results your happy with next time, but I would be really pissed too.

NotGoing2bebald,

she advertises heavily in a very popular free local magazine called "Reader" here in San Diego. The Reader is popular with the 20ish-30ish crowd with contents on nightlife, local bands, concerts and other type stuff that our age groups are interested on. I believe she targets potential customers that are losing their hair at an early age and are desperate to find a solution to their hair issue. They would naturally trust doctors and their advice without giving it much thought. Moreover, her low prices are also very alluring. Most of us are out of college or getting our careers off the ground, so we cant afford expensive HT's. This is hypothetical but based on my experience and others with Dr Khan, I believe this is how she stays afloat.

I hope I'm making sense here..I'm tired and just drank a six pack. lol

• 2 years later...