GETTING BEST POSSIBLE RESULTS FROM HT!!!!

Hi Folks!!!!

This is a great god send forum for ecucating HT patients and I really appreciate the precious input and feedback one gets from so many knowledgeable guys here that you don't have to look further.

Once a HT is done by a recommended doc what can be done to improve the transplant's results.Using Rogaine,propecia etc and vitamins like B and C may enhnace the results.

Is there anything else one can do to further improve HT results in terms of density and look improvements????

Thans in advance!!!

Hi Folks!!!!

This is a great god send forum for ecucating HT patients and I really appreciate the precious input and feedback one gets from so many knowledgeable guys here that you don't have to look further.

Once a HT is done by a recommended doc what can be done to improve the transplant's results.Using Rogaine,propecia etc and vitamins like B and C may enhnace the results.

Is there anything else one can do to further improve HT results in terms of density and look improvements????

Thans in advance!!!

Propecia supposedly prevents follicle miniaturization anywhere it happens on your head, including in the donor area.

If you look at an elderly man's donor area, often the hair can seem quite thin. Propecia might help prevent miniaturization of the donor area (and thus miniaturzation of the grafts that were transplanted).

It is also important to maintain as much of the remaining natural hair in the balding zone that you can. The more original hair you can keep, the better your transplant will look.

So I would definitely recommend Propecia to those who are interested.

To those living outside of North America, where can Propecia be got?

Is a prescription required and what dosage is required?

Are there any generic (and cheaper) substitutes that can be used just as effectively?

Thanks

M

In the States you need a prescription. There are places to get it via mail order, look it up on the internet. Do a search at Google.com on terms like "mail order drugs" Propecia or proscar etc, you should get a bunch of choices to shop around for best prices etc.

I think in India Propecia is called Fincar, and it is cheaper than what you would pay in the US.

Search on Google, all of this information is out there.

Getting drugs via mail order can be dicey in some cases because of issues with Customs. But it's just Finasteride, which is considered benign (unlike drugs like anabolic steroids or narcotics), and you are only ordering amounts for personal use, and not importing it for resale. So Customs should not be a problem (depending of course on the laws where you live, and how strictly they are enforced). Usually these companies send your items in plain packaging, and everything arrives fine, if you choose a reputable company. Bootlegging phoney drugs is a real issue, and there are also shady companies who will take your money and not send you your merchendise.

I have had good luck with International Anti-Aging Systems (IAS).

I have not ordered anything from this Indian web site so I cannot attest to its legitimacy. But you might want to check it out. The URL is www.drugs-one.com. They have generic proscar for 49.66 for 60 pills. Finpecia is also very cheap. I was going to order from them but my doctor has advised me not to take finasteride since apparently I am allergic to it.