The Best FUE surgeon in the US?

FUE is obviously not near as popular as STRIP..........I wish I had a recommendation for you but I've not considered it for myself so haven't done too much research. Have you tried searching the site? I seem to remember some posts about Doc's that do offer it here.

Anyone else care to comment?

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

I don't think it is possible to answer your question. The closest you can get is to take a poll of how various doctors rate with such items as pre op consultation, pre-op instructions facilities, staff, pricing, comfort during procedure, quality of results, follow-up care etc.. on a scale of say 1-5 and then tabulate the results.

Okey thanx will check this Feller out icon_cool.gif

Anyways Its realy big question that is popping up in my head all the time, all of you that make STRIP arent you afraid you maybe will loose more hair as the time goes and someday you will not have enough donot hair to cover a full head and then the scar will be an issue as it will be revealed and then new problem will appear. What do you think about my thoughts on this matter?

Because I myself am a bit afraid because of that to do STRIP, afraid that later I will think the results are not what I expected and then the scar will be my second big depressed issue, how about you guys?

All of you that have made STRIP what do you think about your SCAR , do you have problems/depressing/problems that it will show or shows?

sorry maybe I should made a new thread about this... icon_rolleyes.gif

//Robo

Hey Robo

These days the donor scar can be done in a way where it is virtually undetectable. Check out some of the new closure techniques and the pics that accompany them

P.S. I never think of my scar and I've had two procedures ( last one in Dec) After three months I can clip down to around guard 2 or 3

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Robo,

Donor hair does highly vary from one person to the next. You could have as few as 6000 grafts of donor, or as many as 12000 or more. This is why you need to be conservative when planning an HT.

When I started the journey to restore my hair a little over a year ago I was 38 years old and had been gradually losing my hair since age 23. My loss pattern was established and, after discussing many, many details with my HT surgeon, I decided on my plan of attack. Supposedly, I have a great donor supply for future loss........to date I've used around 5000+ grafts (not including any lost during donor extraction) and, according to my last HT surgeon, I have at least that many or more remaining.

Now, is there a chance my hair loss could end up being so severe that some of my supposed donor hair would be lost and maybe I could be short on supply in the future. Sure. At my age and type of loss, after discussion with a reputable doc, I felt comfortable that my plan of attack was conservative enough to take the risks. Look at my Hair Loss Blog, I did not attempt to recreate an 18 yr old hair line..........at the same time, hopefully when my recent HT comes in to cover my crown, you will not look at me and say "hey, that guy is balding".

As far as STRIP and the scar goes, unless you're going to want to shave your head or clip down to #1 it shouldn't be an issue with the refined closure methods used.

There are risks associated with any HT............for me, after reviewing the countless success stories, viewing the appearances of what can realistically be achieved, reviewing the work of the top surgeons available (there are many) and doing mega-research on this...............I felt the risks diminished to almost nil.

It's a personal choice...........you've got to analyze your situation and make the choice that's best for you.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.