Charlotte Area

Welcome fellow follicley challenged brothers,

I almost made the mistake of going to MHR (thanks to this site I didn't). I have read good things about Jerry Cooley and references to Dr. Baxa (first name = ?).

Can anyone tell me about one, the other or both? Curious about satisfaction, cost (Cooley = no financing & my credit rating is average at best), follow up, etc. I would place myself as 6 or 7 and at 47 years old, I am not expecting a miracle by any means. I wear my hair quite short now and know I need to let it grow out to "hide" scarring. Also, I am willing to take a week off from work to allow the initial healing.

Decision to act has been made, time to weigh out the options and actions. Would truly appreciate feedback.

Thanks,

Mike/Prospicience

3,200 on 1/4/06 Dr. Cooley

Welcome fellow follicley challenged brothers,

I almost made the mistake of going to MHR (thanks to this site I didn't). I have read good things about Jerry Cooley and references to Dr. Baxa (first name = ?).

Can anyone tell me about one, the other or both? Curious about satisfaction, cost (Cooley = no financing & my credit rating is average at best), follow up, etc. I would place myself as 6 or 7 and at 47 years old, I am not expecting a miracle by any means. I wear my hair quite short now and know I need to let it grow out to "hide" scarring. Also, I am willing to take a week off from work to allow the initial healing.

Decision to act has been made, time to weigh out the options and actions. Would truly appreciate feedback.

Thanks,

Mike/Prospicience

3,200 on 1/4/06 Dr. Cooley

Prospicience,

Doctor Cooley is held in high regard by many posters on this board. I had my first HT with him on 16 September of last year and am due to have another this coming December. I provided pretty thorough documentation of my experience throughout the past year on this board. Just access this thread:

2000+ Grafts from Dr. Cooley

Based on your description of yourself, your situation mirrors mine somewhat. I was forty-eight years old at the time of my HT and I was a Norwood VI. Therefore, you will probably have to make the same choice I did for your first HT--whether to go for placing the grafts in the front and top and getting decent density; or to have them distributed across your entire balding area and sacrificing density.

Either way, you will probably want a second HT--the curse of those of us in the high Norwood classifications.

My only dissatisfaction was with Nature, which cursed me with lots of bald scalp. My experience with Dr. Cooley and his staff was outstanding. In my case, he maximised my possible gain from the first HT. In deciding to undergo a second one, I never considered anyone else.

Hope you find this helpful--and good luck!

Prospicience,

Welcome to the Hair Restoration Research Forums.

Like quite a few other members of the forums, Dr. Cooley performed my hair restoration surgery. You can check out my photo album by clicking in the link to the left in this post.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Originally posted by Prospicience:

Robert - thank you for responding. No insight on Dr. Baxa? Thanks again, Mike

I'm sorry, I am not familiar with Dr. Baxa's work. I have not seen any of his patients in person and I have not seen enough of his patient photos to make a determination. This is not to say that he is "good" or "bad" it just means that I have not studied his practice to an extent that I can comment on his work.

If you happen to go to a consultation with Dr. Baxa, come back and let us know your feelings and how it went.

Good luck, and let me know if I can be of any help.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog