Propecia not longer helping

RoboNick

Hey Folks.

Been on propecia from on and of for a couple of years, last year has been steady but I see now my templates and my frontal crown is receeding... dont feel its worth to buy this hit and go on with it, should I switch or something? Im 24 years...

Regards

Hey Folks.

Been on propecia from on and of for a couple of years, last year has been steady but I see now my templates and my frontal crown is receeding... dont feel its worth to buy this hit and go on with it, should I switch or something? Im 24 years...

Regards

RoboNick, when you say on and off, do you mean you stop taking it for extended periods of time? If so can you give an example? You may want to consult with a doc before trying anything else just to make sure you got the full effects it can offer.

Yo Robo

I've been on Propecia for close to 8 years and have not stopped taking it. It has stopped my loss in it's tracks but I never sopped taking it.. You have to stay on it for it to work

Good luck

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I have been on propecia fron on and off for about 5 years, the first 1 year I was on it all the time then I was some of and on and the last 2 years now Ive been on it too, but I feel Ive been losing more and more now, in other words it doesnt stop it 100%.

One silly thing I have discoverd is that when I play a online game like BF2, Counterstrike, I get so excited that after a time my hair starts to itch, and hair falls out later, I can cumb over with my hand and get plenty of hair that normaly I dont. I think it has something to do with the stress as the playing gives me, what do you guys think?

Hi Robo

I am no doc but maybe it's shedding? I went through this a couple times while on it. Shedding is a good thing and is the process of the hair cycling thorough the phases. I can't make a decesion for you but I figure u will lose more not taking it

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I think Im gonna buzz the shit of and get a tan, that way I dont need to bother about this...

And maybe next year I go for HT , right now I feel Im not sure...

Cant someone find a cure?

Maybe I should go down to africas jungle and start looking for some green shit to apply on my head and see if it helps =)

Stay tuned!

Robo

If you are going to get a HT you should try to keep the hair you have ( propecia, Minox, Nizoral).. Keep in mind also, once you get a HT you can't shave your head due to the scar..

Good luck

JB

P.s. Let me know when you find that green stuff that works icon_smile.gif

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Yes I realise that I cant buzz when I get the HT thats the reason I have pushed the decision up all the time for 2 years now as its a scar for life and thats bugging me and I guess a whole lots of other people too....

Stay tuned, I will find a cure =)

Originally posted by RoboNick:

Yes I realise that I cant buzz when I get the HT thats the reason I have pushed the decision up all the time for 2 years now as its a scar for life and thats bugging me and I guess a whole lots of other people too....

Stay tuned, I will find a cure =)

Thats a good attitude to have RoboNick. You're not rushing into anything as you are aware that it is a lifelong comittment. You can of course consider FUE which avoids a linear scar. I still have not seen anyone with a shaved head (#1 or #2) with FUE so Im not sure if it is at all visibile or not.

P.S. If you do find a cure for hairloss can you let the rest of us know about it :-)

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

JakeVig

Indeed to get a HT has so many effects, often people dont see it as they are realy depressed and you cannot be depressed and make a decision like this, you need to realise the effect from all views and I have but still not ready to do this.

I think Im pushing the decision forward to see if FUE drops down in price or something.

Sometimes I even think why not make two small scars in the back instead of one scar that goes on the sides. I mean who cares about a scar in the back even if Im buzzed, I know I wouldnt, but the thing is the scar comes almost with the ear and that is the problem if I would buzz.

Has no one thought about two short scars then one long?

Anyways I was going for FUE but I think 2000-2500 FUE is still to expensive so Im waiting it of I think I belive a new method will come forward or the price will drop on FUE.

I have one more question, does anyone know which lasercomb is the best out there, not wannabe copys that there are on ebay, lots of them.

And I promise if I find the cure I will tell you guys first =) I belive there is a cure but no one has found it yet, but sooner or later it will be found.

Neat idea Robo, but I don't think the 2 scars would be a possibility unless you had two HT's about 1 year apart..............I assume that's what you mean. I highly doubt you could remove 2 strips at once horizontal to one another in the same session.......just IMO.

Keep searchin' for that cure and fill us all in when you find it. icon_biggrin.gif

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Well the 2 scars in the back is not a great idea because they would both compete in the same area for laxity. Laxity is the reason for doctors to generally not be able to harvest more than a 1.2 - 1.5cm donor strip. Also getting hair on the sides is good because it will mean more donor is available and will make the sides appear less dense so it is less obvious that you are thinning on top.

Personally since my first procedure was only 1300 grafts, I could've gone for FUE but I opted for FUT since I am young I will likely require more HT's in future and I want to go for maximum yield with the limited donor supply I have.

Also I do not want to buzz my hair in the future (hence the HT), so not being able to shave my head bald again was not a problem for me.

receedinghairline: I did not say Im playing all the day, you missed the point dude, keep on rollin' =)

hairbank: Indeed I thought about two scars in the same session but I gues that would be impossible as you say, but maybe a doc can tell us that if some doc sees the thread.

Because if it was possible I would do a HT right away if the scars stays in the back.

Is it possible to make a scar not horizontal? Maybe like V or something else in the back?

....continued searching for cure..... stay tuned!

Originally posted by RoboNick:

Is it possible to make a scar not horizontal? Maybe like V or something else in the back?

You looking to style your scar Robo? If that were possible I think I will go for a zig-zag design next :-)

JakeVig: Ofcourse, as long as I dont need to have a scar on the sides I do anything to keep it in the back, V or anything else, I realy dont care how the line goes as long as it stays in the rear of my head, I think many other people would be more forward with HT FUT if the scar stayed in the back.

I think the docs should think about this issue to try letting the scar be in the back instead of rollin' it out on the sides, because its a big issue.

I know I would buzz my hair someday if I had a scar in the back, wouldnt bother me at all for sure. (as long its a trico closure and not a wide band ofcourse)

I can be the guinea pig if a doc needs one =)

Stay tuned!

Robo,

I was joking about the zigzag scar, your not going to get anything other than the most efficient line that would produce the least tension and scarring.

As for the donor scar just in the back, that is restricted to the no of grafts you want. You have to measure how many cm you want the line to be, if you can allow for 10cm at 1.2cm high and you have good density of 100cm2 then you can hope for 10 * 1.2 * 100 to give you around 1200 grafts. If you work hard on the scalp excercises to increase your laxity you may be able to get a 1.5cm high strip in which case you could expect nearly 1500 grafts. If that is all you need then you can get away with a scar that is mostly at the back.

JakeVig: I know you were joking, but Im dead serious about letting the scar be in the back, but I understand its impossible with todays work.

I know, but mostly if I would needed 1500 I would go for FUE without doubt, I need around 3000 that means around 30cm (10cm per 1000) Ive been told.

So 30cm its a realy wonder long line that can do other mental sideeffects.

Dear readers, My name is Marcel van Wintershoven and I'm from Holland.

My father is totally bald. When I was young I had a lot of hair and my hair was my trademark for the girls. When I was 19 I started to see some small hairloss at my fromt hairline. I couldnt believe it.

The balding process is so fast and it was literally 'Eating' my hair..

I didn't know what to do and did't know about prevention. So I started a hair transplant wich was very succesfull, only the density after one implant is not optimal. So I had to do it 2 times but the hairline also became thinner in the time the new transplanted hair was growing.

At that time propecia was not legalised in Holland. My Brother ordered from England and he said his hairloss stopped but I did't believe in drugs or topical solutions. Now (5 years later) my brother have still all the hairs he got when he started with propecia. It's really amazing. I started to buy propecia 2 years ago. But it was quite expensive about 120 Euro's. I also used Cover up products to cover up my thinning area (WICH WAS THE BIGGEST MISTAKE I EVER MADE) These cover up products suffocate your scalp and my hair became very dry. When you want to look good you need to have a little glow in your hair right, not a fuzzy cat on your head.

I felt my hair was getting stronger because of the Propecia. But still was not satisfied about my fight against hairloss. But everything is so expensive. I hear about Rogaine but buying 2 products every month was too much for me.

I heard that Harifin (finasteride same as propecia ) and Nuhair (same as Rogaine ) was very popular in Asia. So I changed my plan. Now I use Harifin and Nuhair wich costs me about 21 dollar each month instead of 65 to 80 dollar... I dont use cover up products anymore now and my hair looks even thicker then when I put cover up in my hair...

The combination of Nuhair (minoxidyl) and Harifin works great for me and I am satisfied as long I have these 2 products... It also saves me money when I not have to buy these cover up spraybottles anymore...

Hairloss was a daily struggle with the mirror. Now I am in balance and am more confident because I know I control my hairloss now instead it's eating my hair.... You couldnt believe how much I thought of my hair getting less.... It was really a problem !! I advise to other people really to consider using Harifin and Nuhair or Propecia am interested in hearing about their experiences .........

Greetings

Marcel van Wintershoven