Unwanted facial growth by rogaine

Valhero

Hi all,

i wrote in a previous post about side effect like chest pain and headaches caused by rogaine.i discovered that that was happening because i put too much rogaine on my head.now that i putt less drug those side effects disappeared.but now after about 2 months of use i have noticed tiny hair growing around my eyebrow and even on my face.i am now wondering how far can this facial hair growth go and also if i can solve this with pulling those little hair out?however i wouldn't like to stop using this medicine because it is helping me with hair growth on the scalp-i have already noticed lot of new hair growing..

thanks,

regadrs

Valhero,

Hair loss treatment Rogaine 5% minoxidil has been known to cause some unwanted hair growth in other areas of the body, especially in women (which is why women are typically prescribed the 2% minoxidil Rogaine).

It's possible some of the Rogaine is running down your forehead causing unwanted hair growth. You may want to consider using Rogaine foam, which is easier to apply and less runny. This may solve your problem and is probably a better alternative to plucking or shaving the unwanted hair. Alternatively, you may consider using the 2% minoxidil solution however, it's less effective on the scalp.

Best wishes,

Bill

First thank you for the answer..

But,i am already using the foam and i also try to apply it nowhere else than on the scalp.i am careful as much as i can with this and i wash my hands 3,4 times with the soap after applying it.so i really don't know what is the problem..do you think that pulling out the little hair could be a solution?

regards

• 1 year later...

I too have noticed some tiny hairs growing above the eyebrow and on the cheek bone.its symmetrical..so i dont really think it is due to minoxidil runing down my forehead causing unwanted hairgrowth..Its been 3 months that i have been on minoxidil 5% and finastride 1mg/day.It is due to minoxidil or fin?