Huge Hairfall at the time of hair wash

I have been on Propecia n Minoxi(5%) since past 5-6 months but had stopped using it for last 2 months cause of some other medical treatments.I see thicking on hair line hair to a good extent but the crown area is still lossiong the hair at they were before i started taking Propecia.

Now another thing i am noticing since i started the prpoeica regime six monthe back is,Hair loss at the time of hair wash.It's abnormally huge,though now i don't suffer from pillow hair fall.Intially i thought it might be due to the propecia regime but now as i am off propecia since two months the Hair loss is huge at the time of hairwash.What could be a possible reason and How should i go about?

Cheers!

I have been on Propecia n Minoxi(5%) since past 5-6 months but had stopped using it for last 2 months cause of some other medical treatments.I see thicking on hair line hair to a good extent but the crown area is still lossiong the hair at they were before i started taking Propecia.

Now another thing i am noticing since i started the prpoeica regime six monthe back is,Hair loss at the time of hair wash.It's abnormally huge,though now i don't suffer from pillow hair fall.Intially i thought it might be due to the propecia regime but now as i am off propecia since two months the Hair loss is huge at the time of hairwash.What could be a possible reason and How should i go about?

Cheers!

Hi Tan Gill,

When you start on a hairloss regime that includes Propecia and Rogaine it is common to experience (excessive) shedding upto about 2-3 months into the regime. After this period your hair loss should stabilize and shedding should reduce to a minimum (if the medication works for you). However when you stop using hairloss medication after a usage of 5-6 months like you, hair will start falling out again. The hair that had not fallen out because the usage of Propecia will also fall out, thats why you will experience more hair loss when you stop using hairloss medication.

max

Maxzor,

Thanks for the reply,but i am worried why the Hairloss at the time of hairwash?That's my question.Moreover i think i will take around an year of continous medication to see whether the medication in helpfull in prolonging the hair loss!

Tan Gill,

Washing your hair will not cause or facilitate hair loss. It is most common however, to see hair in the shower since you are running your fingers through your hair while washing it.

As Maxzor stated above, give the Propecia and Rogaine at least 6 months to a year to determine whether it is working for you.

Best wishes in restoring your hair,

Bill