multi vitamin and proscar

bootckyking

Ive been taking proscar 5mg daily for a little over 3 months now. It is ok if i can take my daily multi vitamin along with my proscar? Will it affect anything? No harm? I read somewhere on the internet that i shouldnt mix vitamins with any medication.

Ive been taking proscar 5mg daily for a little over 3 months now. It is ok if i can take my daily multi vitamin along with my proscar? Will it affect anything? No harm? I read somewhere on the internet that i shouldnt mix vitamins with any medication.

bootckyking,

I take a multi-vitamin every day and same with 1mg of finasteride (1/4 Proscar). I've never heard a physician say or have read anything that says this combination isn't allowed.

I guess if there is a problem, we're both in trouble. Always check with your doctor, but I don't see the problem.

Best wishes,

Bill

I just started Propecia again. I am taking my vitamins in the morning and then the Propecia before bed time.

My Biotin capsules that contain Calcium have this statement printed on the label: "Calcium and other minerals can affect the absorption of many medications. Do not take this product within 2 hours taking medications"