my new fin strategy

Jojo

hey, i took 1mg of finasteride a day for about one year, before i noticed being less horny then normal. I continued cos it was no biggy at the time not carrying a constant loaded gun around so to speak. I can't remember exactly how much my libido decreased but it can't of being that drastic or I would have quit there and then I think. Also I was in a pretty bad place feeling crap about the real onset of baldness. Anyway later after that maybe six months I noticed less pleasure in orgasm but nothing else major. So I cut it down to 1mg EOD. By this time I was on the HT highway and maybe six months after that i had my HT. Then when i got home after the up lifting, life changing experience of having my HT and the excitement of having a hairline again i felt so elated and happy. I just wanted to enjoy that god given right to cum!!! I know I'm being a bit frank but that's the truth. It's been about five months now since i quit and my libido has kinda returned to normal, well i think the orgasm is the same again. I'd say I'm not as horny as I used to be. I keep a 'wank diary', i just write a 'W' on my calender every time ya know i have a wank. The W's are mounting up, I even got two in the one box the other day icon_smile.gif So now i'm planing on starting it again soon, I've just been observing my libido and waiting to see if it will return to full normality. My hair so far has still maintained I haven't noticed any shedding touch wood. My thoughts were if it took a year on 1mg for me to get sides maybe this time I could take 1mg EOD for how long? lets say eight months, (continue to observe) maintain then take a break again, etc and so forth. I'm aware this is wishful thinking, In my opinion I'm not sure if its a safe drug or not. i mean when you read some of those guys horror strories on Propeciahelp.com or watever its called. If it can mess your balls up with out no prior warning? In any case, I can understand no libido verses hair, libido wins hands down, but poor libido versus being bald and depressed etc etc etc etc i'm not so sure anymore. Well i've had a HT and donno if i can take fin again but am thinking positive about the future of my hair and will let ya guys know how I get on when i start back on the fin 1mg EOD. I'd be interested to here if anyone else has tried this? cheers

Hey Jojo,

Some of us understand your feelings. I am not sure from your post if you are still using prop EOD or not at all. I just got my 2nd HT on 03/18/09 and I was talking to my dr (through 2 valume's of course - so not sure what was retained), he had mentioned that fin stays in our system for 3 days then leave, and in theory (he hasn't investigated it) if we have been on fin for a long time to build it in our system then we can change to EOD without hurting our situations at all. We did not discuss how long this time is because he has had me on it for over 10 years now - so we are assuming that I am at that threshold.

Thanks,

John