Propecia plus Rogaine

thinninginvan

I understand that there are a few people here who have been on both.

My question is, I know that if you stop taking Rogaine you will eventually lose all the hair that you regrew. But what if you remain on the propecia? Will you develop a resistance to losing this hair? In other words, can you take Rogaine long enough to get the regrowth and then quit?

I know this seems like wishful thinking, just thought i would check if anyone knows the answer.

it's wishful thinking, from what i've found is hair grwon with minox is different then hair kept with propecia, I was thinking of doing the same thing, glad I researched before i did.

you may be ok to keep what you have with minox once a day, if that helps....

JD

I have been on both since Sept 2005, and I have not seen any significant improvements. I have tried to lower my usage of minoxodil, but I know that is a good way to start seeing increased thinning, which I believe I am now seeing. However, the propecia is something I will never get off of as long as there are no side effects. I agree that the hairs grown and kept by these 2 drugs are different. My advice to someone would be to not get on minox, just propecia alone, but that's just my experience. I know there are others here who claim that they've had tremendous results on both. I'm just not one of them. I also know that it can take up to a year to show improvements, which is why I am not getting off of either of them.

Regimen: 1 propecia taken in the morning, 3 shots 5% minoxodil twice a day around the hairline, 1% Nizoral several times a week

hi

I have taken propecia since it came out and I've had a little regrowth but the main benefit is it stopped my hair loss in it's tracks. Minoxidil has always been too messy for me as I use a concealer & have always felt the benefits of it did not merit it's use. I'll just get some extra HT in the crown

good luck

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!