Dr Umar patient cdnla310, 1850 graft FUE -6 month update

Member "sofarsogood" is arguing that FUE and BHT are superior to strip.

Yes I am, in some ways.

I am not saying yield is "better" than strip however, getting close to equal, yes.

Sometimes equal, yes.

So far as, recovery time, body trauma, psychological stress and scarring-wise, FUE is better, IMO.

I'll even go a step further and state that for smaller procedures (1000-2000 grafts) a strip should NOT be performed. Ever.

FUE is the solution to "keeping up with one's hairloss" over time.

Scalp hair is still king. Obviously. Strip or FUE.

Body hair comes mostly in singles and is usually thinner than scalp hair. Body hair can re-construct temples without tapping head-hair donor, feather HT hairlines, used as "filler", repair, etc. Beard hair shows GREAT promise in strip scars.

But I do stand by the notion that given the choice between strip and FUE (with the right doc, for the right price), I'd take FUE all day.

I'd even sacrifice some yield and a little dough not to have a "pencil thin" (at best), smily-face ear-to-ear scar for life.

If necessary, I'd also rather live (maybe) with some white dot scarring.

If I had listened to all the naysayers pn the HT forums when I had my BHT test in 2005, I would still be walking around looking a bit... unnatural, IMO.

Being a longtime strip patient (16 strips from 1992-2004) and having had a somewhat early BHT procedure (2005), I do have great interest in the the subject.

Ciao.

At the ISHRS 2007 convention, 12 docs from 10 countries, many techs and one well known HT forum moderator acknowledged the BHT growth softening my old "pluggy" HT hairine using leg hair.

Video of my BHT result:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=n_8uYbMTa4I