opinion for a second surgery

Dear Dr

I have been loosing hair for a few years now (I am 32 yrs old) at the crown and the temporal areas. I had a HT in 11/2002, about 850 grafts at the crown and have been on propecia since 9/2002. I have noticed an improvement, however, I have been bothered by the side-effects of propecia and so I discontinued it last month. I would not want to go back to propecia.

I was hoping that by undergoing another surgery to obtain a reasonable coverage of the balding areas and the receding hairline, I won't hav eto take any drug at all. Is that possible? Iam a NW 5. Regards

IMG_0489.JPG.31ddb1969086acb6b964477e14f68df2.JPG

Dear Dr

I have been loosing hair for a few years now (I am 32 yrs old) at the crown and the temporal areas. I had a HT in 11/2002, about 850 grafts at the crown and have been on propecia since 9/2002. I have noticed an improvement, however, I have been bothered by the side-effects of propecia and so I discontinued it last month. I would not want to go back to propecia.

I was hoping that by undergoing another surgery to obtain a reasonable coverage of the balding areas and the receding hairline, I won't hav eto take any drug at all. Is that possible? Iam a NW 5. Regards

One concern in a case like yours is because you already had work done in your crown area you have made a commitment to continue to follow that area. If you now start to do work in the hairline area, there is a chance that you will not have enough donor hair to fill in the area between the hairline and crown regions if hairloss continues there. It is important for you to try and use your family history of hair loss and always think of the worst case scenario(you lose alot more hair) to establish a good game plan before you have another procedure.