stretched feeling

has anyone ever had that stretched feeling,where you can almost feel like someone is spreading or pulling on the suture.i have that now,it doesn't hurt but it is annoying.i don't think the word tight correctly decribes it.it feels like someone is pulling down on it.

has anyone ever had that stretched feeling,where you can almost feel like someone is spreading or pulling on the suture.i have that now,it doesn't hurt but it is annoying.i don't think the word tight correctly decribes it.it feels like someone is pulling down on it.

This might be a result of the scalp drying out too much around the suture line. I asked about this too and the MD office suggested I switch from Graftcyte to baby shampoo, which I did and it improved a lot. They stated they've noticed a lot of similar drying complaints with the use of Graftcyte lately. Are you using Graftcyte?

It is also possibe you are actually experiencing some stretchback. I noticed a spot was stretching right away, even while the sutures were still in.

trying2moveahead

With regards to the pulling sensation, I had some minor scab formations at both ends of the donor area, which gave me a little bit of a pulling feeling. At least that's what I attributed to it. Once the sutures were out, no problems.

hey guys,

i had the absorbable sutures,and being 7 weeks post,they've already absorbed.i guess having 4 percent body fat and being in shape has in a sense hindered my scar healing,oh well.i should have gained 50 pounds and developed a big fat roll at the base of my neck,and i would have a

pencil thin scar,instead of stretching.

Figsy,

After my 2nd HT I did have the tight scalp feeling too., However it subsided about the time the grafts started to grow & now 14 months later my scalp feels fully back to normal.

I dont have any need for more HT, but later in life I would look at FUE, due to the possible tight scalp issue. I will bet you will feel a great deal of loosening once the healing takes place.

NW

hey nw,

good to hear your uncomfort subsided.i hope mine

does soon as i'm sure it will,one thing we learn from these procedures is patience and time,usually do the trick.i too will have no need after my 2nd set of grafts mature,to go for another ht.but again only time and nature will tell,however if i did, fue would definately be the way to go.just seems like a waste to use some fue's on a scar,when their better suited for the hairline/and or crown. good luck