Dr. Charles, Boca Raton, Fl

I've suffered with hair loss for 20 yrs., & finally decided to have a transplant done, after yrs of fooling with creams & sprays , etc...

Since I've have worked in 10 Operating Rooms in my career, I've witnessed many surgeries , good ones & not so good . I wanted to make sure I found a quality physician to do my HT.

I researched the Internet, interviewed some Dr's, & decided to go with Dr. Charles in Boca.

Besides his superb credentials & qualifications,

I was impressed with him immediately. He was friendly, down to earth & relaxed.

He seemed honest, direct & up front. I liked his style;he explained everything in detail , exactly what to expect as well as things that could go wrong.He took his time in doing so & I felt as if he was listening to me rather than pre-occupied with what was next on his agenda.

I never felt rushed or pressured in any way.

He discussed what possible options I had besides surgical HT.

He also wanted to do a work-up to see if my hair loss was caused by any medical reason.

Plus, he encouraged me to "shop around" & compare his approach to other physicians.

I admired this philosophy.

I'm really glad I chose him.

Under his guidance & direction my

Pre/Intra & Post Operative experiences went smoothly, efficiently & professionally .

Being very familiar with surgical proceedures, I was acutely aware of the entire process,even under the infuence of the medications I was given. (The meds definitely took the edge off & made me feel very comfortable.)

The only pain I felt was the initial injections , which were comparable to bee stings. But even they were done in a calming & reassuring way. As a patient, I was managed by his very warm & caring staff. They were competant & gracious.

During our first encounter Dr. Charles told me that he is meticulous about his technique & suturing ;this I liked a lot. It's one of the signs of a good surgeon.

During the surgery, I asked what type of closure & suture he used etc.

He then showed me his suture line from the donor site.

I was very impressed.

It was extremely neat, clean & bloodless. It was everything you would expect from an experienced & skillful surgeon.

The 1st 24 hrs.I had slight discomfort, & only had to take tylenol for it. That was it.

I can't wait to see & am excited about the final results. I'm so glad I finally had this done. In retrospect,I'm sorry I waited so long.I have great faith in saying I would highly recommend Dr. Charles . He is absolutely one of the best around.

1026, congrats on a sucessful surgery. Everything I have heard or seen of Dr. Charles is positive, with great results. I wonder if you could get us some pre and post op photos along with grafts and hair count so everyone can observe? Thanks!!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.