HT with Dr. Griffin

Looks like I sent my first post to the non-surgical forum by mistake. Anyway, I'm scheduled for my first HT with Dr. Griffin in Atlanta on July 11, 2002. I'm from North Carolina and have waited a long time to be able to have this procedure. I've enjoyed reading the posts from other folks and will keep you updated on my progress.

I suspect sleeping my be a bit tough afterwards. Does anyone know about special pillows, etc.?

Ken

Looks like I sent my first post to the non-surgical forum by mistake. Anyway, I'm scheduled for my first HT with Dr. Griffin in Atlanta on July 11, 2002. I'm from North Carolina and have waited a long time to be able to have this procedure. I've enjoyed reading the posts from other folks and will keep you updated on my progress.

I suspect sleeping my be a bit tough afterwards. Does anyone know about special pillows, etc.?

Ken

• 1 month later...

Well, it has been one month since 'the procedure'. Everything has gone very well and as expected (at least from my perspective!) Dr. Griffin and his staff are great and I can highly recommend them. During the entire procedure they made sure I was comfortable. And from my limited experience with this kind of procedure, I believe they went the extra mile to do as many grafts for me as possible. Now it is just a matter of waiting to see how much hair grows!! More later,

Ken

Just had my first HT this past Thurs with Dr. Cooley in Charlotte. Of course I don't yet know what the final results are going to be, but I could NOT be more impressed with Dr. Cooley and his staff. Everyone was great. And there was basically no pain. The shots in the back of the head were very minimal. The WORST part of the whole thing is sitting in that chair ALL day. He did have a TV with a VCR, so I watched movies, but by the end of the day, I was about to JUMP out of the chair.

I'll post more about this as it progresses.