Post ht: To shave or not to shave

Surely i cannot be the only one in this position.

I am just 1 month post op, and i'm considering shaving completely once a week, until around month 3-4, or whenever growth starts to sprout.

I mean i hardly see any reason not to..

1) The people i could see in social situations without a hat already know of my procedure

2) I can wear a beanie at work and while working out.

3) i need to wear a beanie/cap anyway since this is my 2nd op and my 1st does not look all that natural

4) Wearing a beanie/cap when having hair, especially when working out makes my scalp sort of itchy

so i guess this went from a ? to a !, maybe the old saying of putting things down in writing to better reflect on them is true.

My only concern is that i limit myself from using a cap (since the scar is visible in the area in the back of the cap, i dont know the name for it) and in some cases, a beanie might not be appropriate.

Thoughts?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

MikeTheDane,

It's sounds like you got it all planned out so I say go for it.

I actually buzzed my hair down after I got my sutures out because my hair was so uneven since I was shaved during my procedure.

You may want to consider cutting your hair with clippers but with zero guard. I'm not sure if shaving would damage the transplanted hairs or slow their growth.

Originally posted by MikeTheDane:

I am just 1 month post op, and i'm considering shaving completely once a week, until around month 3-4, or whenever growth starts to sprout.

Have you asked your doctor about "completely shaving" your head? Has he told you there no worries in regards to messing up the healing of the recipient area and donor area? That would be my major concern but I'm extra cautious usually. icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

eman: Haha yeah, problem is, i am already a 2 clip. i am 1 month post op and doctor devroye shaved my head with a 0 guard.

At 1 mo post op, i am not concerned with damaging the grafts. In fact, i havent been for 3 weeks.

I am certain that they are firmly anchored in my scalp, dwelling and waiting, with no more vulnerability than my existing ones.

Will probably buzz to a 0 guard and keep it there for the next 2 months icon_biggrin.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!