A few questions ..............

Hey Guys,

I'm 27, and I've been thinking of having a procedure done for a few years.

I have had a gradually receding hairline for 5 years, and always just combed my hair forward to cover it

It worked well, it was hard to tell I was receding, but my hair is thinning out alot the past year and is not sufficient anymore to cover it

I want to get married this year and look my best dating

Will the surgery dramatically alter my appearance for the next 6 months ?

Do I get the surgery now and hold off on dating for 6+ months

I wouldn't feel comfortable dating with scars or redness

but I'd also be embarassed to date with my receding hairline showing. That's just the way I feel. It's not about the girls, its about me.

I tried propecia for a year but it didnt help.

I will almost surely have the surgery...the question is whether sooner or later.

Also I was wondering... Who is the most highly recommended surgeon in the tri state area ?

I used the chart and estimated I'd need about 2000 transplanted hairs done. Can anyone tell me what the approximate cost would be ?

thanks for your time

Hey Guys,

I'm 27, and I've been thinking of having a procedure done for a few years.

I have had a gradually receding hairline for 5 years, and always just combed my hair forward to cover it

It worked well, it was hard to tell I was receding, but my hair is thinning out alot the past year and is not sufficient anymore to cover it

I want to get married this year and look my best dating

Will the surgery dramatically alter my appearance for the next 6 months ?

Do I get the surgery now and hold off on dating for 6+ months

I wouldn't feel comfortable dating with scars or redness

but I'd also be embarassed to date with my receding hairline showing. That's just the way I feel. It's not about the girls, its about me.

I tried propecia for a year but it didnt help.

I will almost surely have the surgery...the question is whether sooner or later.

Also I was wondering... Who is the most highly recommended surgeon in the tri state area ?

I used the chart and estimated I'd need about 2000 transplanted hairs done. Can anyone tell me what the approximate cost would be ?

thanks for your time

milancafe,

Welcome to our community.

Unless I missed it, I didn't see where you said what state you are in...therefore I couldn't tell you who we recommend in the tri-state area. In the meantime, feel free to use our map feature on our website to find a recommended physician closest to you. Keep in mind that there are recommended physicians and then there are those who are members of our coalition. To learn more about the difference between recommended and coalition doctors, click here.

guyfromsydney,

I think you are referring to our animated graft calculator. You can also find other animations here.

Best wishes,

Bill