Hair Restoration Process Questions for 23 year old

Hey guys, I am new to this forum. I am 23 years old and I've started losing my hair on the crown of my head. I've been on propecia for over one year now and I don't see the thickness that I would have expected. I am tired of taking the pill and would like a permanent fix, I am 23 years old I should not have to worry about my hair falling out! Venting my frustration. I still have a decent amount of hair but I am thinking about the long run and how much time i have until all my hair falls out. I have no idea what the process for a HT. Since I have a a full head of hair, could I get a HT??? Does it require the patient to shave his or her head? Since I've been on propecia would I bet able to stop or would I continue having to take it? Thanks guys, long live our follicles!

Hey guys, I am new to this forum. I am 23 years old and I've started losing my hair on the crown of my head. I've been on propecia for over one year now and I don't see the thickness that I would have expected. I am tired of taking the pill and would like a permanent fix, I am 23 years old I should not have to worry about my hair falling out! Venting my frustration. I still have a decent amount of hair but I am thinking about the long run and how much time i have until all my hair falls out. I have no idea what the process for a HT. Since I have a a full head of hair, could I get a HT??? Does it require the patient to shave his or her head? Since I've been on propecia would I bet able to stop or would I continue having to take it? Thanks guys, long live our follicles!

Hi there,

I wouldnt bother with an HT at your age if you have just got thinning in the crown. Stay with the Propecia as you could have lost much more if you wernt on it.

If it bothers you that much, try a concealer in your crown. Def stay with the meds tho.

Good luck

Originally posted by filtred:

Does it require the patient to shave his or her head? Since I've been on propecia would I be able to stop or would I continue having to take it?

Some doctors prefer you to shave your head while others don't.

If you stop taking Propecia, any growth you've experienced thus far would go bye-bye. It's a lifetime commitment if you want to retain the growth you've experienced and if you want to slow or halt any future hair loss.