2nd transplant with Dr. Charles

Carol

I had my second transplant with Dr. Charles yesterday. It's been 8 months since my first one (1560 grafts) which he placed mainly in the frontal area of my head. I had been wearing a hair system prior to that so when I stopped wearing it after 6 months, I realized that my hair was still pretty thin on top and in my crown area. When consulting with Dr. Charles, we both agreed that I could use some more grafts along my part and in the crown area. He didn't try to push me to get too many since he was worried about shock and didn't want me to pay for a lot of grafts and only have a small percentage take. The final amount placed was 1601. The procedure was a breeze and the only pain was the injection of the anesthetic. I even fell asleep during the second half of the procedure. Today, the donor area is sore but nothing that a couple of Tylenol doesn't help. It took about 6 months to see a real result last time so I'm expecting the same this time.

I had my second transplant with Dr. Charles yesterday. It's been 8 months since my first one (1560 grafts) which he placed mainly in the frontal area of my head. I had been wearing a hair system prior to that so when I stopped wearing it after 6 months, I realized that my hair was still pretty thin on top and in my crown area. When consulting with Dr. Charles, we both agreed that I could use some more grafts along my part and in the crown area. He didn't try to push me to get too many since he was worried about shock and didn't want me to pay for a lot of grafts and only have a small percentage take. The final amount placed was 1601. The procedure was a breeze and the only pain was the injection of the anesthetic. I even fell asleep during the second half of the procedure. Today, the donor area is sore but nothing that a couple of Tylenol doesn't help. It took about 6 months to see a real result last time so I'm expecting the same this time.

Glad to hear things went well for you, Carol. Can you share some pics, it would be great to see some of Dr. Charles' work icon_smile.gif!

Heal well and grow fast icon_cool.gif,

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Carol,

Welcome to the forums. I'm glad things went well for you. How did you feel your first surgery went? 8 months is pretty far along, but still early in the scheme of things. So you could still have some new growth and definitely further maturation of those grafts as well.

Any pictures you can post would be great. If you are afraid to show your face, you can use image editing software to blot it out. If you need help, feel free to PM me and I'll give you my email address and I can blot the face out for you and send the pics back to you to post.

Btw...just so I'm clear...are you male or female?

Bill

I'm sorry, I didn't mention I am female. I posted after my first transplant back in July '06. I tried to add some pictures but the file size was too large and they got rejected. I'm not sure how to downsize them. I don't have good photos before my first implant because my head was shaved from wearing the hair system so they really wouldn't have been an accurate representation of my thinning top. I do have some 7 months after my first ht which I would post if I can figure out how to downsize them.