sal.sid

sal.sid

Hello everybody,

I have hair transplant surgery last month. Now I am on 1mg propecia and applying minoxidil topically twice a day. But now I am scared of propecia side effects. Is their other alternative teatment(any other who is not have the side effects).

Hey Sal.sid,

There are many alternatives, though how beneficial they are is questionable and mostly unproven. You could look into the following: Provillus, Procerin, Saw Palmetto and Extina. I'm sure there are many more.

If you've been using Propecia without side effects, I'd stick with it.

Propecia is far and away the best treatment out there, without a doubt, and when combined with HT's it is as close to a cure as we have.

Stick with it. If you get sides and they do not go away, which they often will, you can elect to stop, but I would not look to replace it with another rogaine spinoff (i.e. a minoxidal produt).

If propecia gives you legitimate sides, and they do not go away, you could also look to take propecia EveryOtherDay, which many do.

If this still fails you in some way, you could consider Dutasteride, which is stronger than propecia, and generally carries worse side effects, but not for all, and some have reported having sides from propecia but not dutasteride, but this is a minority as far as can be seen.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

sal.sid,

Welcome to our community.

As others have, Propecia is by far the most powerful only FDA approved antiandrogen on the market.

However, you could always consider alternative scientifically backed yet unproven antiandrogens such as Crinagen (main ingredients include saw palmetto, azelaic acid, and zinc), Revivogen (mostly topical saw palmetto and azelaic acid), Xandrox (an antiandrogen/growth stimulator combination of azelaic acid and minoxidil).

I'd recommend combining any of the above (minus Xandrox which already includes it) with growth stimulator minoxidil, the only FDA approved hair regrowth stimulant.

I hope this helps.

Bill