depressions and revelations

howzer

Hi,

I'm 21 years old. Back in the day, I used to have thick waves of hair protruding triumphantly from my head, although even back then I was never good with the ladies.

I started noticing a bit of a crown when I was 19 and a bit of thinning too. I have been on propecia and minoxidil for a few months now which seemed to have slightly improved the situation. Alas, these improvements presented themselves as nothing but mere illusions as it was only my long hair that covered the crown. Upon a steadily escalating sense of foreboding concerning the fate of my head, I gradually spiraled into depression. And reflecting on my life, I grew deeper into the gloomy abyss of nothingness which now seemed so habitual. This was also due to having a shitty job for starters as well as my inability to communicate like a non-weirdo towards girls.

For a good few months, depression flourished like a virus within. Food had no taste, energy to do simple tasks evaporated, colours in my vision darkened. I couldn't even sleep properly. I started to become very skinny and with the combination of a thinning head of hair, I started to resemble gollum. well probably not that bad. But I realised soon after that I was actually being a bit of a drama queen by being this way. I mean, I'm not the only person in the whole world that is balding, 'misery loves company' as they say. But come to think of it, Shakespeare was bald, and so was/is Pythagoras, Ghandi, Sean Connery, Carl Jung, Socrates, Genghis Khan, Freud, William Blake, Leonardo Da Vinci and any other mad scientist out there etc. I am inevitably going to have a shiny head one day, but I really don't think it matters at all. I mean, balding isn't unatural! Upson realising this, I think i'm going to stop spending my money on snake oils and start dedicating more time on life.

Hi,

I'm 21 years old. Back in the day, I used to have thick waves of hair protruding triumphantly from my head, although even back then I was never good with the ladies.

I started noticing a bit of a crown when I was 19 and a bit of thinning too. I have been on propecia and minoxidil for a few months now which seemed to have slightly improved the situation. Alas, these improvements presented themselves as nothing but mere illusions as it was only my long hair that covered the crown. Upon a steadily escalating sense of foreboding concerning the fate of my head, I gradually spiraled into depression. And reflecting on my life, I grew deeper into the gloomy abyss of nothingness which now seemed so habitual. This was also due to having a shitty job for starters as well as my inability to communicate like a non-weirdo towards girls.

For a good few months, depression flourished like a virus within. Food had no taste, energy to do simple tasks evaporated, colours in my vision darkened. I couldn't even sleep properly. I started to become very skinny and with the combination of a thinning head of hair, I started to resemble gollum. well probably not that bad. But I realised soon after that I was actually being a bit of a drama queen by being this way. I mean, I'm not the only person in the whole world that is balding, 'misery loves company' as they say. But come to think of it, Shakespeare was bald, and so was/is Pythagoras, Ghandi, Sean Connery, Carl Jung, Socrates, Genghis Khan, Freud, William Blake, Leonardo Da Vinci and any other mad scientist out there etc. I am inevitably going to have a shiny head one day, but I really don't think it matters at all. I mean, balding isn't unatural! Upson realising this, I think i'm going to stop spending my money on snake oils and start dedicating more time on life.

Good for you, and congratulations. I had my first ht back at 25 yrs. old so it's been impossible to shave.

You're right, lots of cool guys past and present have been bald. My dad's a cool bald man, and he's 73 and been bald since he was 28. It's about confidence, and here's to more of it!

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

I'll tell you a cool bald man is G. Gordon Liddy. Politics aside, he exudes confidence and shaves his head every morning.

His kids are all super successful as well.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

My problem was that I was good with the ladies had the gift of the gab, confidence and cheek but in a nice way. Id wear my lovely white shirts and expensive jeans push back my hair with gel wet look I was a male predator in my own right , on the prowl but in a nice way. All this was to change when I started to loose my precious gorgeous jet black hair that resembled the Fonz it caused a me to become slightly depressed, no motivation, paranoid and eventually become an introvert. The hunter became the hunted.

Most men have to deal with losing their hair to some extent.. We see plenty of people who have pretty girlfriends who are balding, heavy , or not the best looking in the room..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I hear you abby, I Was in the same boat but i am also married so chasing the girls has passed since I am a family man now. I also did marry a very pretty girl who is an ex-model. It ttok more work than the old days but soon enough it will be!! 9the hair lol) But I really have to say that I was not really happy as a predator and I was not happy loosing my hair.I lost my hair late around 31 years old is when it 1st started. You know what bothered me the most? when you start to loose your confidance it really affects your mind. But then again you had the charm and that does not completely leave.