Advice please!

Mike1987

Hi I'm new to the forum and could really do with some advice.

I'm 19 and I've been losing my hair for a while. Now it's starting to become more noticable so I want to see if I can do something about it.

I'm not exactly loaded so I dont want to pay too much for anything but if any of you can advise me on what to use and what not to use that would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Hi I'm new to the forum and could really do with some advice.

I'm 19 and I've been losing my hair for a while. Now it's starting to become more noticable so I want to see if I can do something about it.

I'm not exactly loaded so I dont want to pay too much for anything but if any of you can advise me on what to use and what not to use that would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

• Administrators

Mike,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing hair loss at such a young age. But the good news is that Propecia can often slow or even halt hair loss, especially for those just starting to thin.

I strongly suggest that you contact one of the physicians recommended on this site near you. They will often give you a free prescription for Propecia.

Don't even think about hair transplants at this point. Focus on stopping your hair loss and keeping what you've got.

Best wishes, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Those side effects are limited to about 2% of people taking it. I've been on it for 10 years with no problems.

Apparently,it can effect the 2% with erectile problems, but if this happens the symptoms will go if you stop using it. All drugs go through at least 7 years of testing before they are let loose on the public.

And besides, being bald is going to effect your sex life more than finasteride ever will.

Mike1987,

Ditto the above posts.........check out Propecia ASAP. I wish I'd had it available as an alternative when I was started experiencing hairloss 17 years ago.

Side effects, if you experience them, are minimal. Plus, at 19 with your libido in overdrive, it's doubtful Propecia would put a dent in it icon_smile.gif. I've been on it for 3 1/2 months now, am turning 40 this year, and still chase my wife on a daily basis icon_cool.gif.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

I was getting laid when I was bald Mike, but the fact is, some girls find it very unattractive. And couple that with your own loss of confidence and self esteem, well.....

Obviously, it's not only about getting laid, but Sigmund Freud did have a point.

You should also try minoxidil. It works differently to finasteride. Finasteride stops the DHT from attacking your hair while the minoxidil strengthens what you already have.

Scalp massage is also beneficial but not talked about much.

Good luck with it. The sooner you start the better off you'll be.