What does Pitting, cobble stoning, ridging mean?

Pitting: Scar formation as a result of incisions into the recipient scalp being too deep with the accompanying graft also being placed too deep. The surrounding tissue closes in on the top of the inserted graft thus creating a "dimple" effect like that seen on a golf ball.

Cobblestoning: Opposite of pitting where the graft tissue may not quite be deep enough but the amount of tissue is too excessive to be absorbed and properly integrated into the surround tissue. Scar formation occurs which produces a slight "bump" under the skin.

Ridging: A "ridge" of scar tissue formed along the hairline from one temple to the other. Ridging is created usually from a combination of oversized incision instrumentation to accommodate similarly oversized grafts (excessive surrounding tissue for the given follicle(s)).

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thanks for the information. I hopefully, will be seeing you sometime. I see that you are associated with H&W. All the feedback seems to be very positive from the work that is done there. I had a alot of work done when I was young. And I need to go see a good doctor to do some scar repair and see what the next step should be for my future in this. I am now 31. At the time I got the work done I was 20. I do believe overall that I got lucky by not being buttured to the point of insainity. I just need to get an honest opinion on where to go from here. If I had not done anyhting, I would have been completly bald. So I do not regret that I got it done. I know that I have read about age being a factor here before. I would say that I would have been a 5V by the time I was 22 if I had not had anyhting done. Anyway, just thought I would share that....

Later,

S

Bowl,

Yes, I do work for H&W but I started our here, just like you, when I had just turned 32. In fact, it appears that our stories are similar. Here is mine...

Hairtransplantmentor.com

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thanks. No, I used Dr. Norris when he was in Knoxville (twice) when I was about 22. He's passed away now so you probably haven't heard of him. I'm from the Johnson City area which is up in the North East corner, about an hour and a half from Knoxville.

Well Jot not to freak you out but the doctor I used has moved on to. He died in a plane crash... Anyway, East TN is nice. When I get closer to coming up there, I will post.... Thanks for your advice and help. At this point I want to go with the best and do what is going to help me in the future in all facets..

Later,

S