Online Pharmacy Questions ...

Guys,

For the past 5 years, I had been purchasing brand name Proscar thru a Canadian Pharmacy for a very reasonable price. Unfortunately, I recently received email stating they went out of business.

My question is whether anybody's had any bad experiences with any of the online pharmacies, namely the Mexican sites. I've noticed while the Mexican sites seem to be the most reasonable in terms of cost, nearly all the Proscar is generic Proscar manufactured in India. Any cause for concern here? Again, I had been getting brand name Proscar, but all the brand name stuff I find seems to be ridiculously expensive.

Thanks.

Guys,

For the past 5 years, I had been purchasing brand name Proscar thru a Canadian Pharmacy for a very reasonable price. Unfortunately, I recently received email stating they went out of business.

My question is whether anybody's had any bad experiences with any of the online pharmacies, namely the Mexican sites. I've noticed while the Mexican sites seem to be the most reasonable in terms of cost, nearly all the Proscar is generic Proscar manufactured in India. Any cause for concern here? Again, I had been getting brand name Proscar, but all the brand name stuff I find seems to be ridiculously expensive.

Thanks.

Captain,

In all honesty, I wouldn't trust buying Proscar from an online Pharmacy. Truth is, you just never know what you get. I would consider getting a prescription through your PCP or talk to a hair transplant doctor to see if they can write you a prescription to get at your local drug store.

Bill

Yeah, I hear ya. I probably will end up going the traditional route from now on. It's just that I really liked that particular outfit because I got the actual Proscar tablets - unless they were good fakes - complete within Merck packaging; all for about $150 for 90 tablets, which is a year's supply.

Can any type of doctor prescribe Proscar? The facility where I had my HT done in July told me they cannot prescribe Proscar and also mentioned fewer and fewer doctors are prescribing Proscar for hair-related issues. This doesn't make any sense because finasteride is finasteride, at least one would assume.

I've never really had a prescription for Proscar, so if anybody can point out what type of doctor I should seek, I would appreciate it. I live in the Chicagoland area.

Any type of MEDICAL doctor CAN prescribe proscar, but that doesn't mean they will. I had an argument with my PCP about it so I ended up getting a prescription from one of my HT docs. Some will and some won't...I'm also not sure if any HT doc will just prescribe it to you or if you will need to be a patient first. See what Joe says from Hasson and Wong.

Bill