Transplant with Dr Russell Knudsen, Sydney

Hi all,

I just had surgery as the title states, thought I would share my experience so far. I am a norwood 1.5-2 and had 435 grafts. There are about an even number of 3's, 2's and 1's from memory. The recipient site looks clean and well placed. The donor strip was 1cm wide and 6cm long. My head is still numb and a little blood has oozed from the wound, but otherwise it looks ok. I grew may hair about 1.5 inches and already, the scar is undetectable through my hair, no ridge or anything. Everyone was very nice and professional, and Dr Knudsen took my call just before after blood was oozing. I was also happy with the price.

So far, so good. I'll post pics soon

Hi all,

I just had surgery as the title states, thought I would share my experience so far. I am a norwood 1.5-2 and had 435 grafts. There are about an even number of 3's, 2's and 1's from memory. The recipient site looks clean and well placed. The donor strip was 1cm wide and 6cm long. My head is still numb and a little blood has oozed from the wound, but otherwise it looks ok. I grew may hair about 1.5 inches and already, the scar is undetectable through my hair, no ridge or anything. Everyone was very nice and professional, and Dr Knudsen took my call just before after blood was oozing. I was also happy with the price.

So far, so good. I'll post pics soon

Thanks Matt for posting. Looking forward to seeing your pics and progress because I'll be having a procedure with Dr. Russell a few months down the track too.

Best wishes for your healing/growth!