Minimizing Shock?

Should I expect less shock because this isnt original hair but all HT hair?

Not necessarily, but most likely. I know that's a little ambiguous, but shockloss seems to depend on a number of factors...though you can pretty much guarantee that as long as you choose a quality physician, you will only experience temporary shockloss at worse. Personally, it was weird for me...my first HT, a lot of shockloss, my second HT, though there was a lot of grafted hairs, still a lot of shockloss including the grafted hairs, and the third surgery, virtually know shockloss...mostly grafted hair. Why you ask? I don't have a clue. Perhaps because the hair was shaved down (as per Dr. Hasson's writeup on this), this helped minimize trauma to the scalp and existing hair...I believe this is a factor. Perhaps becaues the custom blade size was smaller with Dr. Hasson as it was with Dr. True or Dr. Katz? That could have something to do with it too...but I'm really not sure. I know generally speaking Ultra Refined Follicular Unit grafting is minimally invasive and in itself can lessen the amount of shockloss one can get due to minimal scalp trauma.

Hope that helps a little.

Bill

Guest Cousin_It

Panther...

Sometimes even transplanted hair can be vulnerable to temporary shock loss. This can be dependent on how long ago the procedure was done. In some cases if it has been less than a year, this may be a possibility. Rest assured, if it does happen it will regrow.