redness and alcohol

hi everyone, had a HT last month, my redness has faded a good bit but i went to a party last night and had a lot to drink,, my redness came back big time! hopefully will fade again is a few days,, wont be drinkin again till redness is gone

2200 DHI Ireland june 2007

Rogaine 5% may 2007

Lasercomb jan 2008

Nizoral aug 2007

hi everyone, had a HT last month, my redness has faded a good bit but i went to a party last night and had a lot to drink,, my redness came back big time! hopefully will fade again is a few days,, wont be drinkin again till redness is gone

Rogaine 5% may 2007

Lasercomb jan 2008

Nizoral aug 2007

Really? That's kind of scary. Have you had your blood pressure checked recently? What were you drinking? I know when I drink red whine, I get flushed in the face for hours on end but it is usually gone the next day. Maybe an allergic reaction?

Petesman,

Depending on the level of redness...

I have found that this can be normal, especially when your body gets heated. Pinkness/redness showed up more after I came back from the gym moreso than when I was lounging around.

It could also be due to blood pressure, etc. Not sure exactly how drunkenness can effect it...though a lot of alcohol in the blood generally isn't good period.

Bill

my blood pressure perfect,, im very fit and got my blood pressure the day of the op.. i drank a lot of red wine and pints of guinness,, maybe it was dehydration? its fine now tho, just thought it was a bit weird at the time icon_smile.gif

Rogaine 5% may 2007

Lasercomb jan 2008

Nizoral aug 2007

Just a heads up. I assume you are talking about hair and face redness? Many people have signs of rosacea and they don't know it and alcohol agravates it, especially red wine. I found out that I have a mild case of it but it's manageable and red wine really makes it worse.