Removing hair from their head permanently? Because maybe no choice..

Bowlforthedog

No choice possibly being my case since I had six surgerys at a young age. I am now 31. I went to see Dr. Fisher in Nashville, TN last week. I went in there to see him in regards to my situation.I really liked him and he seem to be in this business for the right reasons. Although my outlook DOES NOT LOOK GOOD. He said that he wanted to see me back in six months for another review. The whole damn PROBLEM is that I had to many procedures done in the early 90s. And now I am totally screwed. The biggest concern that I have is the scarring on the back of my head. Hell I am only 31 and the scarring can be notice able after taking a shower. I just DON'T know what to do but Go and see other doctors and see what their opinon is on this mess. Unfortunately, I cannot shave my head either because it will look like complete crap. I am worried mainly about the future loss and the donor area thinning even more! Then what do I do if the scar is visibly notice able to the naked eye? If anyone has any ideas on any HIGH QUALITY doctors that can do excellent work to possibly remove some of the scarring on the back of the head please let me know.

The reason I am asking about removing all of the hair permanently is because if there is nothing that can be done surgery wise, then I am going to have to consider what my options are. What am I suppose to do if this happens? I know that I have only been to one doctor and I will see what the others can possibly do to help.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

No choice possibly being my case since I had six surgerys at a young age. I am now 31. I went to see Dr. Fisher in Nashville, TN last week. I went in there to see him in regards to my situation.I really liked him and he seem to be in this business for the right reasons. Although my outlook DOES NOT LOOK GOOD. He said that he wanted to see me back in six months for another review. The whole damn PROBLEM is that I had to many procedures done in the early 90s. And now I am totally screwed. The biggest concern that I have is the scarring on the back of my head. Hell I am only 31 and the scarring can be notice able after taking a shower. I just DON'T know what to do but Go and see other doctors and see what their opinon is on this mess. Unfortunately, I cannot shave my head either because it will look like complete crap. I am worried mainly about the future loss and the donor area thinning even more! Then what do I do if the scar is visibly notice able to the naked eye? If anyone has any ideas on any HIGH QUALITY doctors that can do excellent work to possibly remove some of the scarring on the back of the head please let me know.

The reason I am asking about removing all of the hair permanently is because if there is nothing that can be done surgery wise, then I am going to have to consider what my options are. What am I suppose to do if this happens? I know that I have only been to one doctor and I will see what the others can possibly do to help.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

BFD--- sorry to hear your in such a quandry--- but right now you have to relax and plan your next move carefully.

There might be some options for you-- just because one doctor seems to be non-plussed, does not mean you cannot be helped.

First, you need to make sure you continue to take meds---if propecia isn't working try proscar/avodart-- whatever it takes to stabilize your donor region.

Second, you need to see what can be done about the scarring---- perhaps some can be combined, reduced, or removed altogther.

Third, keep a positive attitude---there is nothing to be gained by driving yourself mad over this....

Lastly, you need to make sure your getting opinions from docs regarded as world-class, top of the food chain docs, etc... before you make a move.

If you would like to send me pics of your donor region I would be happy to look them over and send them to Dr. Shapiro if you like---- it is a start. However, I believe if your scarring is very poor, an in-person consult is most likely your best bet.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything. PM if you want.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Bowl,

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experiences and understand how frustrated you must feel.

the B spot gave you some excellent advice. There may be options for you other than permanently removing all of your hair. Consider them carefully before you do.

I recommend consulting with one of our first-rate coalition physicians who are the best of the best in the hair restoration industry.

Keep us posted,

Bill