21 Days Post Op : 5000 BHT By Dr Arvind

topshiny

After my 5000 BHT by Dr Arvind http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=569...751006652#5751006652 , the crusting of the scalp was only about 10% as compared to the 700 BHT done earlier. The swelling around the forehead was also negligible this time around. About 50% hairs are still there and I am rubbing the recipient area regularly after bath. The balance 50% has shed over the last three weeks. The donor areas have shown healed differently. While the armpits and the pubic area healed within a few days, the chest, abdomen and thighs have taken more time. The arms are taking the longest time to heal. The arms also had a few bumps which are taking quite some time to flatten out. Overall the healing process as well as the hair retention has been far better than my previous 700 BHT experience.

I am enclosing my post op pictures taken 21 days after my BHT.

7071006652_21_Days_Post_Op_5000__BHT.jpg

I will be posting updates of my progress regularly on this forum.

21_Days_Post_Op_5000__BHT.jpg.e3be1e061bb6d5123c7964d5eb596623.jpg

With Best Wishes

Top Shiny

http://www.hairlossweblogs.com/home-page.asp?WebID=83

700 BHT on 30 Sep 05 by Dr Arvind

5000 BHT from 05 to 09 Jul 06 by Dr Arvind

After my 5000 BHT by Dr Arvind http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=569...751006652#5751006652 , the crusting of the scalp was only about 10% as compared to the 700 BHT done earlier. The swelling around the forehead was also negligible this time around. About 50% hairs are still there and I am rubbing the recipient area regularly after bath. The balance 50% has shed over the last three weeks. The donor areas have shown healed differently. While the armpits and the pubic area healed within a few days, the chest, abdomen and thighs have taken more time. The arms are taking the longest time to heal. The arms also had a few bumps which are taking quite some time to flatten out. Overall the healing process as well as the hair retention has been far better than my previous 700 BHT experience.

I am enclosing my post op pictures taken 21 days after my BHT.

7071006652_21_Days_Post_Op_5000__BHT.jpg

I will be posting updates of my progress regularly on this forum.

With Best Wishes

Top Shiny

Hi Top shiny, thanks for the update, i will be following your case with interest but i still can't help feeling that you could of got 3000 grafts at least from your head, you are a virgin donor there right?.

Your donor looks good dark thick hair will give you a good coverage, maybe norwood 6 don't make the ideal ht patients but as long as your expectations are not sky high you can end up with a reasonable head of hair, there are some cases of nw6 that have got great heads of hair.

Was it your idea or the docs to go along the line of bht without trying the normal route first?

Can i ask out of the 700 test patch that you did, were you given any idea of what the yield was? are you planning at this stage to go back for more in the future?

I think you are a very brave man and really wish you all the best but personally would harvested as much as i could from my head and then tried body hair if i needed to.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Hi Garageland,

Thanks for the interest. The decision to go in for BHT was solely mine. The Dr did explain the pros and cons of BHT to me before both my procedures. He also mentioned that BHT procedures are still in a nascent stage. However, since considerable money is involved, I did a test patch of 700 grafts on the forehead and only after seeing the positive results did I go in for 5000 BHT.

The reasons for my decision to go in for purely BHT were:

- I have ample supply of good quality body hair. So, I should be able to achieve a good density.

- The hair supply on the head is already depleted. Going by my family history, it will thin even further. Taking hair from the head would reduce the density even further. So, why not use a resource which is available in plenty.

- A lot of unwanted body hair gets removed.

I intend going in for more BHT starting early next year. The option to harvest hair from the head is always open.

With Best Wishes

Top Shiny

Hi and thanks for the reply, i am very interested as i have a wealth of unwanted body hair so yes the idea is a wonderful one if the results can come somewhere near that of a normal transplant.I am glad that the decision was all yours and your weren't pushed into this as an experimental case for the doc, as you say if the results aren't totally to your satisfaction you can always rely on your head as a donor source.

Good growth to you

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson