Rahal visit

stratman

Hello everyone,

I just got back from my visit with dr Rahal this past Saturday. I have a booking with him for April 11/08 but drove the four hours from Toronto to Ottawa to discuss my concerns/goals and expectations with him in person. First off let me say that his reputation of being a gentleman is well deserved. I arrived at his office two hours early and although things were a little hectic with follow up appointments and renovations that his clinic is undergoing, he offered to see me right away and spent the better part of ninety minutes with me. At no time did I feel rushed and he answered all of my questions in detail. We discussed what I should expect as a result of a hair transplant and I was comfortable with what we agreed upon. I left his office feeling very reassured and knowing that I indeed did choose a top notch doctor. I look forward to returning in two months time to begin my journey of reclaiming some of my self esteem and improving my appearance.

FYI--I will be doing 4000 grafts via the strip method focusing primarily on the frontal third -half. The crwon area , although starting to thin ,should give me a few more years of decent coverage.

Hello everyone,

I just got back from my visit with dr Rahal this past Saturday. I have a booking with him for April 11/08 but drove the four hours from Toronto to Ottawa to discuss my concerns/goals and expectations with him in person. First off let me say that his reputation of being a gentleman is well deserved. I arrived at his office two hours early and although things were a little hectic with follow up appointments and renovations that his clinic is undergoing, he offered to see me right away and spent the better part of ninety minutes with me. At no time did I feel rushed and he answered all of my questions in detail. We discussed what I should expect as a result of a hair transplant and I was comfortable with what we agreed upon. I left his office feeling very reassured and knowing that I indeed did choose a top notch doctor. I look forward to returning in two months time to begin my journey of reclaiming some of my self esteem and improving my appearance.

FYI--I will be doing 4000 grafts via the strip method focusing primarily on the frontal third -half. The crwon area , although starting to thin ,should give me a few more years of decent coverage.

stratman, thanks for the info.

I wish you good luck on your journey with rahal.

Keep us posted. I have not met rahal yet, but always hear good comments.

It pays to offer a good product a decent price and offer good personal attention. those who don't, regardless of what business they are in, dont last long.

Thanks for the input guys.

Bill,

Thanks for tip on the exercises. I have started doing them and Dr Rahal said I had good laxity which was comforting. You are right, April is around the corner and I can already feel the anxiety level starting to rise. Gotta stay the course though as I know I will look much better in a few months. Dr Rahal estimated removing a strip of 33-38cm long. That is the only part that has me somewhat freaked out but is normal for the amount of grafts(4000 plus) needed I guess.

Hey Dirge,

Congrats on your selection of a great doctor. If you feel up to it after your surgery, I of course would be very interested in hearing about your experience.

I'm sure Dr. Rahal will do an excellent job for you!

Best of luck

Cheers.

Dear Stratman and Dirge

I am about 5 weeks out from my procedure with Dr. Rahal and everything is going very well. I am on the road at the moment (in Brisbane) but will post my two month shots shortly. What I can say is that my scar is undetectable (I am wearing my hair at grade 3 at the moment) and that i have had no shock loss whatsoever. Dr. Rahal is superb, you are in the very very best of hands. You can see my initial pre-and post op pics on my post ``Rahal NYE``. Just relax guys and enjoy the ride... icon_cool.gif

Thanks for the reassurance...the ironic thing for me is that I am now involved in a relationship with someone who "likes me just the way I am" and thinks I should not proceed...however, she will support me nonetheless and go with me to Ottawa and drive me home. I have already had past transplants so I am already in, and this is really to address the hairline issue which reflects the much more primitive technology of the time...and I am still anxious with less than two weeks to go...

Dirge

The initial anxiety is tough sometimes. I remember my first day of basic training, climbing off that bus in front of all those D.I.'s and thinking "what the fuck have I done?? Holy shit what am I doing??". I had the EXACT same feeling as I was laying in the chair and Dr. Hasson was about to excise the strip. Seriously, it was the exact same thoughts and feelings. But, here I am 22 years later collecting a fat ass retirement check and with a kick ass head of hair! So just try your best to relax and you'll be VERY happy you made this decision.

stratman & dirge

What pushing40 said. So much of what you are experiencing I felt.

Unlike p40 I'm only 5 weeks out and still going 'Oh shit, the vanity, what have i done??' Then I think back to every goddamn day before the surgery for 3 years thinking about my hair or lack thereof and relax.

And on that relationship note, it's great she feels that way but it's how you feel. Anyone who cares about you thinks it's no big and that's great but in theory if we feel better than they benefit too.

Now, if she lets you shave her bald, well......

My Hair Loss Weblog

I know what you mean. My wife says she likes the way I look with a shaved head. I , however, DON'T!!! The other issue I am wrestling with is, being a NW5, will I ever be really happy with the maximum density I can achieve? It seems as though I will forever be in this crazy game of trying to conceal my hair loss. I just hope that after it's done I can be pleased with the result knowing that other people may still view me as a man whom is balding.Know what I mean?