Hydocortisone?

bmmeup,

It is probably best to check with your doctor.

But I was curious so I looked up the medication to see what it's used for, and here i what I found:

"Hydrocortisone is available with or without a prescription. Low-strength preparations (0.5% or 1%) are used without a prescription for the temporary relief of (1) minor skin irritations, itching, and rashes caused by eczema, insect bites, poison ivy, poison oak, poison sumac, soaps, detergents, cosmetics, and jewelry; (2) itchy anal and rectal areas; and (3) itching and irritation of the scalp. It is also used to relieve the discomfort of mouth sores.

Hydrocortisone may be prescribed by your doctor to relieve the itching, redness, dryness, crusting, scaling, inflammation, and discomfort of various skin conditions; the inflammation of ulcerative colitis or proctitis; or the swelling and discomfort of hemorrhoids and other rectal problems."

I don't see anything about it's use on wounds - however, by day 7, things are pretty well sealed. I imagine it wouldn't hurt - assuming you are using non-prescribed lower dosages - but check with your doctor.

I do NOT recommend using anything prescribed for other purposes.

Bill

Hi

I am not sure if you are supposed to use it on open wounds.. Make sure you keep the donor area clean, this should help with itching as well

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I was prescribed a stronger than OTC Hydrocortisone for a rash.

One of the listed possible side effects is hair growth!

It didn't say where...??