Hairline Question

Hi all,

To build the hairline should only single grafts be placed there? My hairlne is pluggy and i can cleary see areas where there are 2 hairs growing out of a single hole! Also im guessing the top docs use very smal blades for making the incisions for grafts? Thanks for any info.

6 HTs !!

around 7690g!!

Hi all,

To build the hairline should only single grafts be placed there? My hairlne is pluggy and i can cleary see areas where there are 2 hairs growing out of a single hole! Also im guessing the top docs use very smal blades for making the incisions for grafts? Thanks for any info.

6 HTs !!

around 7690g!!

dazza uk,

yes, only single hairs should be used to create the actual hairline. 2s and 3s should be placed further back to help add density, but in order to keep the hairline looking soft and not pluggy, singles should always be used.

Top clinics will use custom cut smaller blades for the recipient area as small as .6mm in size. Obviously, the size of the instrument used is partially determined by the number of hairs per graft. It would be very difficult to fit a 3 or 4 haired graft into such a small opening...so they will use slightly larger blades for the multi-haired grafts.

Hope this helps.

Bill

You forgot 4's Bill icon_wink.gif

Also, not only would it be difficult to place 3's and 4's into such a small incision, but it could cause problems. It could cause what is called graft compression, which can result the hair being frizzy.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery