gel on grafts

Probably a dumb question; can residual gel getting on your grafts from styling your hair affect the growth/yield of a HT. I'm talking after the two week mark. Other than maybe irritation, I was wondering if I could do any damage. To get my hair to style "right", I put gel along my hairline area; residual gel I'm sure gets on the grafted area. I just want some piece of mind. My guess is that it won't hurt anything. I'm 3.5 months post-op and I'm seeing growth, but just want to make sure. Thanks

Probably a dumb question; can residual gel getting on your grafts from styling your hair affect the growth/yield of a HT. I'm talking after the two week mark. Other than maybe irritation, I was wondering if I could do any damage. To get my hair to style "right", I put gel along my hairline area; residual gel I'm sure gets on the grafted area. I just want some piece of mind. My guess is that it won't hurt anything. I'm 3.5 months post-op and I'm seeing growth, but just want to make sure. Thanks

I had the same question and I was told that once the stitches were out I was able to hairspray & use gel like I did before the TP. Just make sure you keep your donor area very clean. I would not use hairspray or gel on the donor area till it was fully healed.

Rockwell

Newscan.gif