Propecia Medicine

Sandyb

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post after i joined.I need a great suggestion from all of you.

I recently visited a dermetalogist for the dandruff which is making me annoying and also i see hairfall these days and he suggested me Nizoral 1% shampoo.i am using this and looks ok to me so far.

One of my friend is using Propecia tablets these days for the hair loss treatment and now i am thinking can i also use these while using Nizoral shampoo.

or do i need to consult a doctor for taking suggestion on using propecia tablets while using nizoral shampoo.

Please suggest me your opinions as your suggesions adds more value to anyone.

Thanks

Sandy

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post after i joined.I need a great suggestion from all of you.

I recently visited a dermetalogist for the dandruff which is making me annoying and also i see hairfall these days and he suggested me Nizoral 1% shampoo.i am using this and looks ok to me so far.

One of my friend is using Propecia tablets these days for the hair loss treatment and now i am thinking can i also use these while using Nizoral shampoo.

or do i need to consult a doctor for taking suggestion on using propecia tablets while using nizoral shampoo.

Thanks

Sandy

Sandy,

I'm assuming you're a male, correct? Just making sure as I've known Sandy's that are female.

Do you have Male-Pattern-Baldness? I'm assuming so since you're thinking of taking Propecia (Finasteride). Actually, I believe the studies for Finasteride may have even included Nizoral (2% possibly??). Yes, no problem using Nizoral and taking Finasteride...........I do and it actually would be a compliment to the regimen. Nizoral is an anti-fungal shampoo meant to cleanse the scalp.

You can buy Nizoral 1% over-the-counter but will need a prescription for Nizoral 2%. On it's own, Nizoral will not help you regrow hair. However, when used in conjunction with Finasteride, it will help ensure that your scalp is clean and healthy and aid in giving you the best possible conditions to maintain your hair or possibly regrow with the Fin.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hi, yes you are correct i am a male and comming to the male pattern baldness i lost hair on the crown .

The other suggestion i request you is does this propecia has any side effects?.

Thanks

Sandy

Yes, there are possible sides effects from taking propecia.

The most common mentioned is a decreased libido. Studies will show less than 2% of those taking Propecia (Finasteride) experience this. Some do, some don't.........the percentage may be higher than 2%, I'm not sure. You just have to try it.

As for the other side effects, use the find feature here and search for Propecia or Finasteride. There are plenty of older threads that can help you.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• 1 year later...

The only chemicals that hair loss can result from is DHT (dihydrotestosterone) and its derivatives when they over stimulate the androgen receptors. Unless your taking steroids that either can be reduced to DHTs or all ready are DHTs, your most likely just experiencing male pattern baldness.

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by Sandyb:

Hi All,

Thanks

Sandy

Hope you know Sandy that propecia is for treatment of mild to moderate male pattern hair loss on the vertex (top of head) and anterior mid-scalp area (middle front of head). No problem occurs if you will use Nizoral and Propecia at the same time. In case if you wonder here is the link for more information http://www.x-cheap-pharmacy.com/drugs-info/propecia.html?kid=411