HT in New York City... where to turn?

Ryan NYC

Hey all... I have just started to notice that I am loosing my hair.. my front hairline is starting to receed to the point where I really notice it.

My dermatologist recommended propecia... but I really dont think its re-growing any of the hair I have already lost. Would a hair transplant take care of the receeding hairline look?? Also, how much does this kind of thing cost for somone who just has a small amount of hairloss?

My bigger question is... if I have this done... will I need to remain on propecia after the fact? I'm sure in NYC there are lots of good doctors, but I would really want someone to recommend me to someone who wont mess up my head!! LOL!! Thanks everyone.

Hey all... I have just started to notice that I am loosing my hair.. my front hairline is starting to receed to the point where I really notice it.

My dermatologist recommended propecia... but I really dont think its re-growing any of the hair I have already lost. Would a hair transplant take care of the receeding hairline look?? Also, how much does this kind of thing cost for somone who just has a small amount of hairloss?

My bigger question is... if I have this done... will I need to remain on propecia after the fact? I'm sure in NYC there are lots of good doctors, but I would really want someone to recommend me to someone who wont mess up my head!! LOL!! Thanks everyone.

Give Propecia six months to a year to really work, before you decide it does or does not work. You might think about adding Minoxidil to your routine, because they work even better in combination. Minoxidil is really cheap nowadays.

Yes you will need to stay on Propecia after a hair transplant. Otherwise you will end up with a few transplanted hair grafts in the front, and big balding areas behind that. That look is not in style.

Hair transplants do not sound like they are your best bet, yet. They are really for guys who are balder than you are. Stay on Propecia and hopefully you can halt your hair loss. Then you will never actually need a hair transplant.

As Martha Stewart would say, "That would be a good thing..."

If you are dying to see a hair transplant doctor, and won't rest until you do, try Dr. Bernstein in New York and New Jersey. Look on the link of recommended doctors for his info.