Lucky Locs HT is Set!

Lucky Locs

Hey gang- I dropped off the radar for a bit due to an insane schedule. Just recently have been catching up on the threads of the board_Great to read so many members who I've seen on here have great experinece this summer/fall with their HT's!

When i last posted, i was in the surgeon decision-making process. I have to say this was one of the hardest choices that I've had to struggle with because of the wealth of HT surgeon talent displayed thru this forum. I easlit could've picked from 8-10 docs based on what I've learned here on the HTN. It truly came down to the "devil in the details" for me. As this post will be long enough, I will post later how I whittled from 8-10 to three docs- hopefully that info will be useful to both the docs and potential patients.

Who were my final three? Dr. Rahal, Dr. Siporin, and Dr. Cooley. I cannot stress enough how helpful each of these practices were in fielding a newbie like myself's questions, concerns, requests, etc.

Dr. Cooley on several occasions took the time to personally email me to answer newbie questions, and based on how he writes, seemed just so...well...cool! Ailenne was fantastic as well, responding to my questions under a stressful busy schedule and doing her best to try to accomadate a visit by me to Las Vegas during the HT convention to meet/consult with Dr. Cooley (the HT convention fell on the week where i only get 10 hours sleep tottotalal, due to the needs/demands of thousands of staff for 2 huge culture events in my city...figures!).

I actually had a booking with Dr. Rahal for Dec. Adrian was also a dynamo in fielding my inquiries, responding to emails, assiting with advice on hotels and flight suggestions- all in all, a professional and a treat to work with. We also were trying to set up a meet/consut in Vegas, but scheduling didn't allow for that to occur. When i had to cancel, Adrian promptly and without hesitation took care of the refund of the deposit- that may have been the easiest refund on a credit card I've ever endured! Also a special shout-out to one of Dr. Rahal's tech assistants, who was the only one left in the office on Labor Day, when i called to confirm my booking- she caught a typo in my file and fixed it, and really gave me some insight into Dr. Rahal's practice and of Ottawa! her name escapes me..perhaps a Rahal patient can fill that blank in?

Yep, HK500, u and i by the end of Dec 2007, will be Dr. Siporin patients! I've followed your HT story closely, and with Pat's glowing review, decided to see Dr. S in August. I'll post more on that meeting later, but suffice to say, I was impressed enough (along with my very picky pal who accompanied me, combined with scheduling (i wanted to get this done in Dec- but i only have a one week window to work with), and yes <gasp> location, along with some intangibles that I went with Dr S.

My "cut" day, as i refer to it, is Dec 20th. I'm enduring the start of the hell that is finals now, along with 30 other things that need my attention BEFORE surgery day. Actually the 10th will be the first day since June I will have off!

I want to say though, if i do get hair greed, would EASLIY be comfortable going with Dr. Cooley or Dr. Rahal. Thier "Super A's" Aileen and Adrian, are top- notch people- anybody researching an HT should HIGHLY consider these two practices!

Sorry if this post was long-winded- lots of info though that i wanted to share and hope would be helpful to others researching HT docs.

All i hear now from my scalp and follicles is "tick, tick, tick"...icon_smile.gif

Congrats on the decision! It's a great feeling to know you are on the cusp of a great, fruitful road!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Lucky Locs,

Many of us can relate to the difficult process of finally selecting a physician. Certainly you have done your homework and I feel that you will be in great hands with Dr. Siporin.

Since it is now officially December, you will be having surgery this month!

I hope you'll chart your progress with us on your already created hair loss weblog.

Keep us posted.

Bill