had surgery today

Well im young and still have alot of exsisting hair, so my surgeon decided to go low and only do 500 grafts (which i was dissapointed in, i wanted to go more aggresive).

Anyways the procedure itself wasn't painfull, other than deadly boring. The anasthetic needle hurted a bit.

However, once the anasthetic wore off it did hurt quite alot. Infact it was quite an intense pain.

I tried to go to sleep, which was basically impossible, and somehow i had a brain fart and touched the grafts (i dont know why i did this just habit of touching the head). Anyways i fell asleep, which was awkward. My surgeon assured me it was okay to sleep on my back, but it felt not good.

Woke up, and the pain has subsided, the painkillers i guess are doing their job.

Still dissapointed i have only had 500 grafts, its such a small area and not really worth all the pain i have gone through...i dunno. Bit worried thats all.

And it is so easy to disloge the new grafts, you basically jus have to touch ur head and the grafts come out. This makes it impossible to sleep too, the fear you mite roll onto your grafts.

However, so far things are okay-ish. I'm not in much pain at the moment, jus feeling a little sore.

I'll keep you all posted.

Well im young and still have alot of exsisting hair, so my surgeon decided to go low and only do 500 grafts (which i was dissapointed in, i wanted to go more aggresive).

Anyways the procedure itself wasn't painfull, other than deadly boring. The anasthetic needle hurted a bit.

However, once the anasthetic wore off it did hurt quite alot. Infact it was quite an intense pain.

I tried to go to sleep, which was basically impossible, and somehow i had a brain fart and touched the grafts (i dont know why i did this just habit of touching the head). Anyways i fell asleep, which was awkward. My surgeon assured me it was okay to sleep on my back, but it felt not good.

Woke up, and the pain has subsided, the painkillers i guess are doing their job.

Still dissapointed i have only had 500 grafts, its such a small area and not really worth all the pain i have gone through...i dunno. Bit worried thats all.

And it is so easy to disloge the new grafts, you basically jus have to touch ur head and the grafts come out. This makes it impossible to sleep too, the fear you mite roll onto your grafts.

However, so far things are okay-ish. I'm not in much pain at the moment, jus feeling a little sore.

I'll keep you all posted.

DAY THREE - the pain has gone, jsut a bit soreness

I went with LONDON CLINIC AND DR ROGERS

BIT WORRIED ABOUT THE WASHING, should i wash or not?

PID, you should not have had a lot of pain. I've had several procedures and never had more than mild discomfort. I can understand your disappointment with getting fewer grafts than you requested. From what I've read, a lot of UK doctors charge by the procedure which means you may have paid a lot per graft. If you have another procedure, I would consider flying to the US or Canada. If you search around this forum you will find other posters who have flown across the pond to have work done.

At 3 days you can now gently wash your head. You just need a plastic cup. Take a shower but don't let the water hit your head. Use the cup to gently pour water over your head. Very carefully, pat some shampoo into the recipient and donor areas. Then rinse by using the cup. When drying, again gently pat dry with the towel. Don't go near the grafts with a comb or brush as this can dislodge them.

Im far too scared to wash. Knowing my luck as soon as i put the water on they'll all go sliding off.

Is it perfectlly normal not to wash for a few extra days?

Furthermore, concidering i only had 500 grafts and felt pain, i am petrified how much pain there would be with say 1000 grafts. I might look at going abroad.