Latest Extreme Makeover

Smoothy

Last night on extreme making, they had their second HT patient who had other cosmetic procedures done as well which turned out great. Unlike the first makeover HT patient last week, this one showed upclose results that looked like a week after procedure and looked pretty good. The doctor was Dr. Rassom who said the patient received 2645 grafts. Due to the 9 month growth rate, they put a hairpiece on the guy for the reveal. Does anyone have info on this Dr. Rassom?

Last night on extreme making, they had their second HT patient who had other cosmetic procedures done as well which turned out great. Unlike the first makeover HT patient last week, this one showed upclose results that looked like a week after procedure and looked pretty good. The doctor was Dr. Rassom who said the patient received 2645 grafts. Due to the 9 month growth rate, they put a hairpiece on the guy for the reveal. Does anyone have info on this Dr. Rassom?

I caught a bit of that too, I didn't catch his name but I did see a microscope in the background...

One thing I noticed though was when they took the strip out he was sitting up, that can't be too comfortable...

Just waiting...

GAMBO

i think his name was actually Rassman...i think hes an NHI guy....yikes!

------------------------------

4600 grafts/ 12/10/2003/ Dr. Jerry Wong

Aren't you glad you know me, and have such easy access to my dementia???

Yeah, Dr Rassman is a big name. As was mentioned, he's the head of NHI.

I don't have a problem with that, but I really disapprove of the show's presentation in general.

I know it's a "before and after" show, and they leave out all of the reality in the middle. But they spend less time covering the hair transplant than the dental or lasik. And the transplant proceure takes MUCH longer. AND the results aren't noticeable until MUCH later.

The patient was tickled pink about his new scabs, and showed no sign of bruising or swelling. It seemed WAY too good to be true. This is counterproductive to the educational efforts of places like this website AND NHI's book and seminars.

Furthermore, they admitted that since there would be no growth for "4 months", a weave would do the job in the meantime. Is this a wise idea? Shouldn't his scalp be allowed to breathe and heal?

Yea I was wondering about that episode too. I also remember one from about a month ago where the guy went from a Norwood 5 or 6 to almost no recession at all, after his "hair restoration." Oh, and the hair was at least 4 to 5 inches long. So it had to have been a piece, considering the tranformation is only supposed to be over a period of about 3 months.

Jeff Bowers