hair implants

I am a 27 year old female with long hair but the downside is that my hair is frizzy and i have a lot of breakage which is unattractive. Nobody finds me attractive because of this. It would mean a lot to me if my hair could be shaved off and long hair say around 12 inches of length could be implanted into my scalp. I am just wondering if this could be a possibility??? I can't find any hair loss clinics who are willing to undertake this procedure just wondering if anyone knows of any surgeons who would do this procedure as I dislike my hair I would pay whatever it takes to get lovely silky smooth straight hair

I am a 27 year old female with long hair but the downside is that my hair is frizzy and i have a lot of breakage which is unattractive. Nobody finds me attractive because of this. It would mean a lot to me if my hair could be shaved off and long hair say around 12 inches of length could be implanted into my scalp. I am just wondering if this could be a possibility??? I can't find any hair loss clinics who are willing to undertake this procedure just wondering if anyone knows of any surgeons who would do this procedure as I dislike my hair I would pay whatever it takes to get lovely silky smooth straight hair

SalineGirl, if you are looking that route then I would just go with a wig. There is no reputable clinic on the planet that would implant artificial hair into someone's scalp. That's actually been tried, and the whole "foreign object in the body" thing causes big problems.

Sorry to hear about your problem, but I would check out other options.

-Steve

I don't work for a doctor.

Got 2700 fu from Ron Shapiro, 11-30-7

Salinegirl,

Welcome to our community.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel unattractive as a result of your frizzy hair.

Surgically transplanting artificial hair would not be an option nor it is legal in the US for that matter.

However...

I think you can easily get help that is much simpler and healthier.

I know a girl from high school (still a friend of mine today) who had really frizzy hair. Even though she hated how it looked, I still thought she was really pretty. That being said, today she found a way to straighten her hair professinally and it looks beautiful. You would never know that she once had frizzy hair.

I would consult with salons to see what they might be able to do for you.

I hope this helps.

Bill

In a word...no. Your hair's basic color, texture, straightness/curliness, is what it is. That said, there are so many products and stylists on the hair market that I can only imagine that there are ways to work around it without going into huge debt...

As for the attractiveness, I wouldn't assume anything. And if someone actually told you that your hair texture was somehow a deal-breaker...that is his problem!

Look up permanent/chemical/japanese hair straightening.

My wife has wavy hair which she straightened.

The treated hair remains absolutely straight, but of course hair grows out the way it naturally is.

She does a "touch up" one every 1.5 years.

2-day session with Dr. Keene.

1's: 297; 2's: 1186; 3's: 1382; 4's: 999

Total grafts : 3864

Averaging 2.85 hairs/graft. Total hairs: ~11000.