Propecia vs.Proscar

I have heard from some of the members here that Proscar is a good substitute for propecia.

If you notice the active ingredient in Propecia is the same as Proscar--finasteride..

Sounds easy enough,and I found out my medical coverage would take care of this...Now,hear is the problem..

I have went to a few Dermatologists and told them my intentions and none of them would write me a prescription.

I have checked on line and the companies I see require a prescription..I am tired of paying nearly 65 bucks a month for

propecia and that is what it works out with the 3 month supply..

Does anyone know any doctors in the tri-state area that would write a prescription for proscar for me? Any insight would be

most appreciated..I am located in Brooklyn N.Y.

I have heard from some of the members here that Proscar is a good substitute for propecia.

If you notice the active ingredient in Propecia is the same as Proscar--finasteride..

Sounds easy enough,and I found out my medical coverage would take care of this...Now,hear is the problem..

I have went to a few Dermatologists and told them my intentions and none of them would write me a prescription.

I have checked on line and the companies I see require a prescription..I am tired of paying nearly 65 bucks a month for

propecia and that is what it works out with the 3 month supply..

Does anyone know any doctors in the tri-state area that would write a prescription for proscar for me? Any insight would be

most appreciated..I am located in Brooklyn N.Y.

My family doc wrote me one last week, with 11 refills. That's over three years worth! Dr. Cooley recommended taking it in 1/3's, every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Have you asked your family doc?

Screw those dermatologists. They think theres is the most important medicine of all I think.

My son has an appointment with one here tomorrow, after a two month waiting list.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

ninjathen:

My family doctor set me up with Proscar. In fact, he was the one who told me to get the Proscar and an $8 pill cutter instead of the Propecia. I've been on Proscar now for five years with no problems. He gives me a script once a year for a 12-month supply.

TooThin

I actually had the same problem with a doctor close to me, they all know it's the same freakin thing yet they hesitate, so I got mine from a HT surgeon when I went for a consultation. I got 6 refills so it should last me almost 2 years. This works out to around just over $10 a month as compared to Propecia ($70 per month).