what does nizoral do for thinning hair?

The active ingredient in Nizoral is Ketoconazole. It is a dandruff shampoo, however it can be effective in retarding hair loss. I do not think you will see results with Nizoral like the ones we sometimes see with Propecia and Minox, but I think it worth using. I use Nizoral about 3 times a week. I need to shampoo my hair either way, so there are really no compliance issues(sometimes seen with Minox). It is hard to say, but in my case I believe it has slightly improved the diameter of some miniaturizing hair.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I currently use nizrol 7 times a week and have no complaints. Data from testing shows that the average person did increase hair count and diameter. Nizoral is in no way a cure but with very mild side effects(if any) it is certainly worth using.

I was told that Nizoral is also anti fungal. I wear combat boots and I operate in hot climates, so I started using it when bathing for athletes foot and jock itch. It works great! Nizoral is amazing...give it a shot. reasonable price at Walmart.

------------------------------

Im just your average teenager...just that I'm 31!

------------------------------

Yup

The guys above are right. It can be a bit harsh on hair thus drying it out. I am using Revita now which is much gentler and have even more anti DHT ingreidents. Yes, it is a bit more money than Niz though.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!