Need help with an excuse, please.....

I workout with a paid trainer a couple days a week. There is usually two other guys working with me and the trainer during these times and two are doctors in the practice I go to (not actually my doctor, but partners in the practice as well) and one is a client. My trainer is a client, and another guy is my insurance rep. and yet another is a client and my chiropractor.

So, I know all these guys pretty well and I won't be able to pull off the being sick for 3 weeks, surgery, or a hurt back, shoulder, etc.

And I don't want them to know about my transplant because the trainer is the biggest damn gossip I know, and everyone he trains will know about it. I don't care about the doctors or chiropractor though.

Any serious suggestions on a couple of good excuses I can come up with as to why I'm not working out? We're in a fairly small town so I'm not so sure I can pull off the "I'm so busy" excuse either, but given it's tax season I might have to try that one.

Thanks. (And if anyone knows how to shorten my weblog title to the left I would appreciate it.)

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Dewayne,

It's a tough one, no doubt about it. You are going to be in a position for sometime where you won't be able to work out as intensely and even when you do go, you are going to want to cover your head with either a hat or bandana so people don't expect something, unless it is very well concealed by your natural hair. Because I shaved my head, I wore a bandana to the gym and just worked out lightly.

Back to excuses, maybe some of our more creative members will be able to help you. You could always say that you've had surgery and keep it generic. If someone asks, you could just say that you'd rather not get into it. Of course then, people will draw their own conclusions.

Of course, you could always switch gyms icon_smile.gif

Bill