Decision time i need a little help

Ok after extensive research and reading i have finally decided to repair the micro-mini grafts that i had transplanted a few years back. I was skeptical before the last surgery and for good reason because i am not pleased at how micro/mini grafts look. So i looked into follicular unit T and on the verge of redoing my hair line. I really hope this is the real deal. I hear alot of good things on here but still after the last HT i am VERY skeptical now but do to this latest technology i hope i've made the right decision.All im going to do is the frontal hairling otherwise the rest of my hair is fine. Can anyone tell me how many years have follicular unit T been used now ? And more precisely how long have Dr Thomas A. Law and Dr. Bob Bernstein have been using FU. These are the 2 doctors i have narrowed down. Any suggestions on who is better or are they comparable? Is 1 better for repair work? They both seem like very good doctors in nyc.Thank you...Take care.

Ok after extensive research and reading i have finally decided to repair the micro-mini grafts that i had transplanted a few years back. I was skeptical before the last surgery and for good reason because i am not pleased at how micro/mini grafts look. So i looked into follicular unit T and on the verge of redoing my hair line. I really hope this is the real deal. I hear alot of good things on here but still after the last HT i am VERY skeptical now but do to this latest technology i hope i've made the right decision.All im going to do is the frontal hairling otherwise the rest of my hair is fine. Can anyone tell me how many years have follicular unit T been used now ? And more precisely how long have Dr Thomas A. Law and Dr. Bob Bernstein have been using FU. These are the 2 doctors i have narrowed down. Any suggestions on who is better or are they comparable? Is 1 better for repair work? They both seem like very good doctors in nyc.Thank you...Take care.

Oh one more thing , is there any "COBBLESTONING" involved. That was one of my main complaints about micro/mini grafting.I had to have electrolysis done on some of the unsightable grafts.

I can't speak for the dr's your asking about.

But I can speak about old mini/micro grafts and the new FU technology.

I had mini/micro grafts put in many years ago. They eventually became my "new" hairline due to additonal hair loss over the years. Ugly and very noticeable and yes...cobblestones.

I had 2800 FU's in Feb of this year. My Dr's objective and mine as well was to "hide" the old mini/micro grafts. So, most of the FU's were put in front of the old grafts and behind. I had some put in on the top (not the crown) as well..but not alot. Absolutely NO cobbletones.

Believe me...I am very please with the results as far as my objective was concerned. I'm a little concerned about the thickness of the FU's in front. They are still very thin, but I've been told that it takes sometimes up to and over a year to get a full result.

If you go the right doctor who only does FU's, I don't think you can go wrong.

Midnite

I did alot of research before I had mine done. I saw several Doctors. I decided on Dr. Bob Bernstein. I had the transplant 3 months ago and I am still very happy with my choice. He and his staff were great. The 6 hours went quick. I plan on doing the next 1500-2000 grafts next year. I don't even mind the 4 hour car ride to his New Jersey office.

JonathonNY

I am not crystal-clear on the history, but an approximate history would be that Dr. Limmer in Texas started using microscopic dissection and close-trimming of grafts around 1988.

Dr. Rassman and Dr. Bernstein picked up the ball and ran with it, starting around 1994.

Unfortunately, most doctors are still using the old Minigraft technique, although things seem to be changing.

I don't know anything about Dr. Law, but only a few doctors in the world have as much experience with FUs as Dr. Bernstein. He is also rated high for repair work.

It wouldn't hurt to meet with both doctors, and see what they recommend.

Thanks for all the responses. I was leaning towards Dr. Bernstein and the more good replies i hear the more it looks like i will select him.My previos HT was done at Medical Hair Restoration.With all my heart i HIGHLY recommend anyone to NOT go there.If one cannot peform a good HT it seems ridiculous that these people are allowed to be out there and literally destroy people physically and mentally.I cant express how dissapointed i am with MHR and i hope Dr. Bernstein can recreate a new "feathered" hairline.Just one more question....I know its impossible to determine exactly the size of the strip in the donor area is needed for a HT..But..Is there any new technology that allows a good doctor to come within a good range so as not to throw out unused grafts out to waste?Thats a CRIME to be getting rid of hair that could be used in the future.Sorry for all the questions but this means ALOT to me. Thank you !