Here I go again

Well guys, I'm back in the chair nextweek. After spending inordinate amounts of time thinking it over, I've decided to go in for my 4th procedure with Dr. Alexander in Phoenix. I know,it sounds like a lot but the first 2 were small, only about 300 a piece. My first surgeon believed in small procedures. I could've been further down this road with less surgeries, but we live and learn.

I really want my hairline and front scalp to have more desity. I'm just gonna keep my fingers crossed that propecia (just started) and all the other concoctions I'm taking will help with the hairloss in the back and crown, which so far isn't too bad.

This next procedure should bring my graph total to somewhere around 3200.

I did consider waiting and giving the propecia a chance to work its wonders. But then I've been told that propecia does'nt really regrow hair in the hairline/frontscalp, which is the area I'm most concerned with. Anyway, wish me luck!

Well guys, I'm back in the chair nextweek. After spending inordinate amounts of time thinking it over, I've decided to go in for my 4th procedure with Dr. Alexander in Phoenix. I know,it sounds like a lot but the first 2 were small, only about 300 a piece. My first surgeon believed in small procedures. I could've been further down this road with less surgeries, but we live and learn.

I really want my hairline and front scalp to have more desity. I'm just gonna keep my fingers crossed that propecia (just started) and all the other concoctions I'm taking will help with the hairloss in the back and crown, which so far isn't too bad.

This next procedure should bring my graph total to somewhere around 3200.

I did consider waiting and giving the propecia a chance to work its wonders. But then I've been told that propecia does'nt really regrow hair in the hairline/frontscalp, which is the area I'm most concerned with. Anyway, wish me luck!

I did it! Very glad it's over with. Dr. Alexander is a great Doctor. I'm very excited about the new desity I will have. The apx. 1500 graphs I had were to the front forelock and some in the temple vicinity.

The doctor urged me to let propecia have a chance to help with my midscalp and crown. According to the Dr, most of the native follicles there are still producing hairs but they have become smaller and finer from the progression of hairloss, so they don't cover the scalp as well. Hopefully, propecia may be able to help these hairs to thicken up a bit which would improve my coverage for sure.

This kind of cleared up a misconception for me. I tended to think that the hairs were just falling out, giving an increasingly thinner appearance. But in actually, many of the follicles, I don't know how many, but according to the Doc, a lot of them, were still growing hairs. Just finer/smaller diameter hairs that don't cover nearly as effectively. So I'm going to begin the propecia regimen. Even if it does'nt cause regrowth, it may thicken up the hairs already there.

I had a ht with alexander just over two months and thought he did a great job! Still too early to tell how it will look, was my 3rd ht, the second one being very small and wish I hadn't done it. I already see quite a few hairs here and there as little stuble. Congrats as my experience with alexander was great!

• Administrators

Harve,

Congratulations to you and tkerr22 for taking the leap of faith and getting some truly refined follicular unit grafing with Dr. Alexander.

Harve, given that your grafting was in the front and temples, Dr. Alexanders orientation of the grafts "perpendicularly" should give you a very natural hair direction and result.

I know everyone on this forum would love to see close up photos of your newly transplanted grafts.

Best wishes for a bummper crop of new hair to both of you.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Yeah Pat, the doctor carefully planned the placement of the grafts to make sure they will grow in the proper direction--especially in the temples. He just seemed to have so much concentration and focus, which made me feel really good! icon_smile.gif

Dr. Alexander makes the incisions but does not actually place the grafts. Is that correct?

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Yeah Gorpy, Dr. Alexander makes all the slits for the grafts, but two assistants place them. It seemed like it took him two hours to make all the slits, maybe a little longer--obviously a very tedious and meticulous process. And the slits seem to be much closer together then they were with my prior Ht's.

• 3 months later...

Hello tkerr, I am noticing more growth with each month. December 29 makes four full months. I ended up getting a buzz cut about 3 weeks ago so I could more easily see where the new growth was coming in. Turned out to be a good decision. I started using a little TOPPIK right after the haircut just to blend in the thinner recipient area with the rest of my hair. But I'm not needing it as much as the new growth is kicking in.

It's coming in sort of un-even right now with more growth right in the center forelock and to the right. The left side is taking a little longer to come in. Also, I think most if not all of my shockloss hairs are filling back in as well. Thank goodness because shockloss was more of an issue this time around.

All things considered, everything seems to be humming along nicely. I know the following months will continue to bring more growth. It's a lot of fun to be on the "getting fuller" curve!

Anyway, thanks for asking. How are you coming along with your procedure thus far?