post-op care instructions

Hi,

I have just had my HT with Dr Melike in istanbul, all seems to have gone very well. I am now day 3 after op and have my 1st wash by myself today.

Spex has kindly sent me the link to all of his tips RE post-op care, just wondered if anyone had any tips on the 1st washing and/or any for the next few weeks ahead.

I seem to be quite lucky in the sense i have accepted time and patience will be a virtue, however i am extremely anxious over the next 2 weeks to ensure as many of the grafts survive as possible... tips please icon_biggrin.gif

Ta

Danny,

It's important that you follow Dr. Kulahci's postoperative instructions. However, I wrote "How to Wash Hair After a Hair Transplant as a guide for washing instructions.

I have no other suggestions on drying your hair other than the blow dryer on a low cool setting idea. You could always let it air dry :-)

Best wishes,

Bill

Cheers Bill!

My anxiety has been somewhat eased by some helpful info from my clinic and others on this forum regarding the grafts securing themsleves by day 3 / 4 post-op and being quite difficult to remove unless being over vigourous (which obviously wont happen icon_smile.gif)

This has helped a lot in putting my mind at rest about losing all of the lovely new hairs i am hoping to see in 9 months - 1 year icon_biggrin.gif

Be careful assuming 3/4 days the grafts are secure, that is the first stage of secureness but grafts can still pop out and bleed and lose the vital growth cells beneath. 10 days is the accepted timescale for secure grafts. Just continue the gentle regime till then - be on the safe side, 10 days is just week and half.