Why does shock loss hair take longer to regrow?

I got to thinking about some information my doc gave me about shock loss. I'm almost 4 months out from my HT (1,500 FUTs w. Dr. Lehr to restore a feminine hairline because mine had receded to almost a NW 2. I experienced shock loss around the margins of my transplanted area. Am seeing lots of transplanted sprouts, yay! But nothing in the way of return of shock loss yet.)

According to the timeline he gives, hair lost to shock actually takes a little longer to start growing again. As in, transplanted hair usually starts growing around 3-4 months post HT, but the hair lost to shock usually doesn't come back until 4-8 months out.

For those of you out there who experienced shock loss, was this time frame about right?

And any further explanation for why this occurs, other than just the trauma from all the needle sticks to the surrounding tissue?

Thanks.

I believe we both went to the same doc (Lehr). I assumed that mine had not returned (yet) due to the fact most fell out somewhere between 3 to 10 weeks post surgery. Thus add 3 months to this and you get 4 to 6 months before it starts to grow back. I am also assuming some of mine won't return because it was ready to go anyway.

I don't think you will get a good gauge from the men here.

We have hair that was going to fall out anyway that is accelerated by the HT that wont come back.

Besides that,the shock-loss hair wont all come back together. It will come back gradually like the HT hairs.

I know you've heard it a million times before, but, be patient.