Hair donor and thickness question

alright bros, i have seen a lot of pictures of transplants that look very good at 6-8 monthsand look very natural. I have seen some transplants at 6-8 months that look very thin and not so natural. Now, is this mainly because the people that looked good at 6-8 months had a nice thick head full of donor hair in the back?

Also, as your hair grows does it thicken and mature?

alright bros, i have seen a lot of pictures of transplants that look very good at 6-8 monthsand look very natural. I have seen some transplants at 6-8 months that look very thin and not so natural. Now, is this mainly because the people that looked good at 6-8 months had a nice thick head full of donor hair in the back?

Also, as your hair grows does it thicken and mature?

Bleach,

I think the easiest way to explain this is that it depends on several factors:

1. The number of grafts/hairs transplanted in an area

2. The area covered

3. The density of the area covered

4. Hair length

4. Hair texture and color

5. Hair maturity rate - some hairs mature more quickly than others - however, it's still best, no matter what to wait until 12 months to determine the true result of the surgery.

I think that covers everything icon_wink.gif.

Hope that helps.

Bill

At 6 months the typical patient is about 50% grown, which is enough to give a good look depending on the hair. The HT will continue to thicken and mature up until 12-18 months.

To answer your question, there are many reasons for varying results for HTs at 6 months. Some people are simply late bloomers - their HT may look wispy at 6 months, and awesome at 10. Some have very thin hair which may not give a full look at all, depending on the # of grafts.

Hair thickness AND skin color also play a major part. I remember seeing a HT on a black guy a few weeks ago which looked *awesome* at 3 months even though he had a relatively small number of grafts. That was because hair on african americans is generally thicker, more coarse and curly and their skin is dark. This combo gives a great illusion of coverage.

Hi

You cannot judge a HT prior to 14 months objectively..No if, ands, or buts. It is foolish to do so and inacurate. I've had 3 Ht's and done much research. Personally I have experienced considerble improvement past the 1 year post op period.. It's like judging a football game in the 2nd quarter..

People need to be patient and make educated assesments after the growth cycle runs it's course..

There is no other option to make a judgement on the procedure.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!