HT's and Shockloss!

drew

If you work in a field where you deal with customers daily how are you supposed to get a hair transplant and goto work with shockloss and the red scalp. I'm just wondering down the road how I'm going to approach that situation.

If you work in a field where you deal with customers daily how are you supposed to get a hair transplant and goto work with shockloss and the red scalp. I'm just wondering down the road how I'm going to approach that situation.

I have a couple of suggestions. First of all, take a couple of weeks off as vacation time. Plan it so that the first day off is the same day that you have surgery. This gives you maximum time to heal. Use graftcyte. It really reduces the redness and decreases scabbing.

If you are very bald, you might want to just be up front and tell your co-workers what you are planning. You may be surprised to find that it's not that big of a deal anymore. They will probably realize that you have had some work done anyway when the hair comes in and you look 10 years younger.

I wouldn't worry about shock loss. It does happen, but it's usually not that profound.

Shock loss can be very noticeable at times, there are no guarantees. Sometimes, as in my case, it seemed like there was none at all. Two weeks is what I took off and what I'd recommend.

For redness, I would suggest tanning for a month or so prior to the HT. It's going to give some color to your skin to help mask any redness that might show up.

Drew,

Plan on shockloss, especially if your 1st HT..maximize your time off or whatever possible, but I was pretty thin at around the 2nd month and it was "very" noticable...I wore a hat, I had to.

NW