Moderate Hairline/Density work for a 23yr old, which doctor?!

Deoudes59

Hey everyone, I'm 23 and I'd like to get some hairline work done sooner than later. I need a slight bit of density near the crown. My hairloss is not major and probably will not be (based on my family). I'd like to get work done sometime in the next year.

I have been told by Epstein and Charles that my transplant would be less than 2000 grafts. Armani quoted me (and most everybody else) 2560 grafts for over 13,000$.

I'm hearing that Ron Shapiro is great for hairlines. His prices are more reasonable - again, I am not seeking a major transplant.

I know Paul Rose is with Shapiro Medical but I'm not familiar with his hairline work. Feller seems a bit conservative and I hear Cole is a great doctor - but not neccessary 'the hairline guy'.

Any thoughts guys?

Thanks in advance!!!

Hey everyone, I'm 23 and I'd like to get some hairline work done sooner than later. I need a slight bit of density near the crown. My hairloss is not major and probably will not be (based on my family). I'd like to get work done sometime in the next year.

I have been told by Epstein and Charles that my transplant would be less than 2000 grafts. Armani quoted me (and most everybody else) 2560 grafts for over 13,000$.

I'm hearing that Ron Shapiro is great for hairlines. His prices are more reasonable - again, I am not seeking a major transplant.

I know Paul Rose is with Shapiro Medical but I'm not familiar with his hairline work. Feller seems a bit conservative and I hear Cole is a great doctor - but not neccessary 'the hairline guy'.

Any thoughts guys?

Thanks in advance!!!

59, you are correct that Dr. Shapiro is the standard for hairlines. What I would do is send some clear photos to Matt Zupan at Shapiro Medical so he can take a look. (Being so young maybe some photos of your father if he is bald as well). You will get treated with respect and you will be offered a solution to your hairloss. You do have to understand that you may be told to begin/continue taking Propecia and wait. As far as pricing goes, after researching this, I found Shapiro medical to be very reasonable compared to many other clinics.

ps. do NOT take it as an insult if dr.'s or others bring up your age. You are still quite young, so just consider it a safety measure. icon_smile.gif

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

D-59, B-spot has given you quality advice, i will add my thoughts but its only my opinion.

1. Sending pictures is only a start, to get a great evaluation you must go and meet the Dr. or consultant in person.

2. You cant tell future loss from your father, mine has more hair than me and hes 84

3. i would not get a HT at 23 (hot topic but just my opinion)

4. If i had to do something at a young age it would be with FUE, Dr. Cole probably, it would leave you with option of shaving down later.

5. DO NOT do anything until you do research and have at least 3 consultations with top Doctors,

Mudpuppy

Thanks guys! I have mail into Shapiro, I report back what he says.

Some of the hairloss has induced by what i'll simply refer to as 'sports supplements'. Thus I've lost more hair than I would have otherwise at this time - in some ways it's better because I know where I stand (or would have stood naturally).

thank you again and any more comments/suggestion are more than welcome

I did 1500 graphs in the hairline with Dr Rose several weeks ago... My entire consultation was done on line with pictures... I flew in the day before to see the Dr in person. Travel expenses were also deducted from the ht ($300)...

"I need a slight bit of density near the crown. "

This alone tells me that your crown should be offlimits. If you are not on meds (you didn't say) then start yesterday. At 23 and with only slight thinning there's a good chance your crown could return.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians